Speed Bentos: Kimchi fried rice leftovers
Morning prep time: 5 minutes each. I packed the leftover fried rice directly into the bento box right after last night’s dinner, and I’d previously made the frozen tuna/potato faux latke, so I just cut up fruit this morning. The box on the left also holds grape tomatoes, Asian pear (nashi) and blood orange slices. I made the fried rice with leftover brown rice, kimchi, bacon, bell peppers, onions, green peas, egg, green onions and Korean chogochujang sauce.
Bug’s lunch was similar, with a little bear cap that your child picks up to reveal a food surprise (makes an otherwise plain lunch more interesting). This one hides cut Asian pear — I think of it like wearing a hat on a bad hair day. (click photo for larger view)
- Need for speed: A mommyâ€™s lunch manifesto
- Food safety for packed lunches
- How to pack a bento lunch and use â€œgap fillersâ€
- Choosing the right size bento box
- Biggieâ€™s list of top speed tips, tutorials and equipment reviews