Ravioli bentos x 3
Finally back from a two-week trip with my son — we wound up cancelling our Thailand/Japan trip due to the military coup (yeah, overcautious with a toddler), so I did a domestic trip instead and ordered some bento stuff off of Ebay to make up for missing Japan.
My son’s lunch below shows my first use of the “bikkuri animal” cap that covers up an area of food to give the child a fun surprise when he lifts it up. It worked! My son was really taken with it, and used it to cover up the broccoli, sausages, etc.
- spinach and cheese ravioli with homemade tomato butter sauce
- egg shaped like a star
- chicken cocktail sausages
- grape tomatoes under the bear “surprise” cap
My bento (above) has ketchup in a sauce container shaped like an elephant, and my husband’s lunch below adds a romaine salad with tangerine, tomatoes, green onions, Irish cheese, and pine nuts (shiso sesame dressing added after the photo).
- No egg or onigiri molds? Use ice cream sandwich molds instead
- Need for speed: A mommyâ€™s lunch manifesto
- Food safety for packed lunches
- How to pack a bento lunch and use â€œgap fillersâ€
- Choosing the right size bento box
- Biggieâ€™s list of top speed tips, tutorials and equipment reviews