Which tier do I put it in!?

Tricks for speedy prep, packing, food safety, freezing, organization, and saving money

Which tier do I put it in!?

Postby ZzShorty on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Hi all,

Being a college student, I haven't yet been able to use my two tier box that I just got in the mail a few weeks ago. However, I'm going to be crafty and try to bento for tomorrow, sans kitchen. Yep, I'm going to bento without a kitchen, sounds nutty right? I have a box that has a 330ml tier and a 250 tier, a fairly common arrangement as I've seen. Which one does my rice go in? I'm not sure which one is more appropriate to put my rice in. Could anyone give me a little insight?

Thanks!
Kristen
19 y/o just trying to use bentos to eat healthier and get some cholesterol under control.
http://www.kristenhammick.com
ZzShorty

• Website

Re: Which tier do I put it in!?

Postby Kiana on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:02 pm

Well it depends on your preference, some put the rice in the smaller tier and some in the larger tier. Really it just depends on you. For example I usually use the larger tier for my rice, and meat and smaller tier for my veggies and fruits but sometimes I feel like eating more veggies and that's when I would use the smaller tier for rice! But like I said it depends on you and it's your bento so prepare it how you want it! :mrgreen:

GOOD LUCK & YUMMY BENTOS
Making bentos and lovin it!
Kiana

Re: Which tier do I put it in!?

Postby ZzShorty on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:54 pm

Thanks for your answer, that's really what I was edging towards. Lets hope my dorm room bento is yummy and delicious tomorrow. I think it's going to turn out awesome for only using a rice cooker and a microwave! Now I gotta decide whether i want more rice, or more veggies :D.
19 y/o just trying to use bentos to eat healthier and get some cholesterol under control.
http://www.kristenhammick.com
ZzShorty

• Website

Return to Tips