Best Online Sources

Seek, research, find & trade. The right place for commerce and promotional announcements.

Re: Best Online Sources

Postby Feistyredhead » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:01 am

I just placed my order with Ichiban kan, and while I am thrilled to do so, I do have a tiny gripe.
They are constantly out of the basic items like egg molds and such :( I have to admit at extreme frugality [food costs are killing me!] so I don't want to pay 4 bucks for something I can get for a dollar and some change.

That's really the only complaint I have, but as I live in the Bento barren state of Arizona, I guess I have to catch where catch can LOL

Oh! if you have a 99 cent store, they 6 packs of silicone cups... I think I scared the poor woman when I squee'd... I was so happy to find them, I am new to Bento, so my Bento eyes are still in training.
Proude Padre Mom to #20 aka The Bottomless Pit or BP-16
Avid Foodie, Music Junkie, and Techno-Geek
Rabid Football Fan- Go Browns & Buckeyes!
Feistyredhead

• Website

Postby Biggie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:48 am

Feistyredhead wrote:They are constantly out of the basic items like egg molds and such :(

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is with that. I know that they reserve a certain amount of product just for sale in the retail stores, as they generally have egg molds in stock in the Japantown store even when the online store shows them as sold out. I can see why they'd want to have a variety of products in the stores themselves, but at the same time it must be frustrating to online customers.
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (9)
Biggie
Site Admin

Postby Feistyredhead » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:32 pm

Biggie wrote:
Feistyredhead wrote:They are constantly out of the basic items like egg molds and such :(

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is with that. I know that they reserve a certain amount of product just for sale in the retail stores, as they generally have egg molds in stock in the Japantown store even when the online store shows them as sold out. I can see why they'd want to have a variety of products in the stores themselves, but at the same time it must be frustrating to online customers.

It is very frustrating indeed, but I love the prices, so I will just have to grin and bear it LOL as we have a well developed Asian community in Phx I am surprised that there aren't any better stores out here for bento supplies, the Japanese grocery store is always packed with people, and the staff is getting tired of me asking a million questions LOL
Proude Padre Mom to #20 aka The Bottomless Pit or BP-16
Avid Foodie, Music Junkie, and Techno-Geek
Rabid Football Fan- Go Browns & Buckeyes!
Feistyredhead

• Website

Postby chameleon089 » Sat May 16, 2009 4:54 pm

I recently placed an order at happyjapan.net. Then I discovered that the showroom is less than 10 minutes away from my house, and I picked up my order (yay, no shipping). They've got a cute little setup going on, and while prices on some things are a little higher than other places, the quality of many items makes up for it. I have to say, Laura, you have good taste! I'll be coming back, lots! It's the only non-ebay place that I've found the quail egg molds, and the fact that I can pick up an order (and make important impulse buys) is a major bonus. Definitely worth ordering from.
chameleon089

Postby Callisto » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:12 am

BaschaW wrote:As a personal opinion, I like Amazon, and am willing to try new things from there, all the time...
I just typed in "Bento" under their search and came up w/ MANY things. books to kits to boxes to software ( I'd avoid the last one)
So if you know what you are looking for, a more detailed search may result in wonderful things.
Also good for just browsing... and if you play your cards right, you may get optional free shipping.
They (Amazon.com) has always done right by me, in the past.
- BaschaW

I love Amazon. They've always been great in speedy shipping and low prices on items.
You can find bento on Amazon, but some supplies might not be called "bento supplies". I found some silicone mini-muffin cups that could easily be used as divider cups and condiment cups.
Here's a link to what those look like:
http://www.amazon.com/Kitchen-Supply-Si ... TG7X1ORUQP

And some cookie cutters that can be used to shape vegetables, onigiri rice "balls", meat, etc.
http://www.amazon.com/Kaiser-Bakeware-H ... TG7X1ORUQP
http://www.amazon.com/Kaiser-Bakeware-F ... TG7X1ORUQP
Callisto

Postby fromjapanwithlove » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:49 am

If you are interested in bento gears from Japan, please visit my bento online shop!!

http://www.from-japan-with-love.com/kitchen-items.html

fromjapanwithlove

Postby glitterhog » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:07 pm

A random search on Yahoo and came up with this site. http://en.search.borderless.rakuten.com ... nch_boxes/
glitterhog

Previous

Return to Marketplace