Food art resources

Decorative food art bentos, including kyaraben and decoben

Food art resources

Postby Biggie » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:06 am

Okay, I'm SO not the type to spend a lot of time making decorative food art bentos all the time, but here's what I know of.

* The master list of my Decorative Food art is here, with the best ones by noted bento artist Amorette (Sakurako Kitsa), who posted an excellent series of how-to's over the summer
    * Cooking Cute is an excellent resource for cute bento how-to's in English, although she doesn't update much anymore after having a child.

* Anna the Red has a cool new blog where she gives step-by-step instructions on how to create some AMAZING bento art. Check it out!
    * The Bento Challenge group on LiveJournal specializes in weekly themed bentos, with the lunch-packers happy to discuss the ins-and-outs of their creations. They also have a Flickr group.

What else is out there in terms of kyaraben resources?
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (9)
Biggie
Site Admin

Re: Food art resources

Postby veganf » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:08 pm

This looks awesome! Thanks for starting this forum. The others I've belonged to are not very active. I hope this one is!

- Krista
mama to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1), all born at home. Kids vegan bento lunches: http://disposableaardvarksinc.blogspot.com/
veganf

• Website

Postby Biggie » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:14 pm

veganf wrote:This looks awesome! Thanks for starting this forum. The others I've belonged to are not very active. I hope this one is!

I'll do my best, Krista! I'm hopeful that our numbers will translate into informative discussions.
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (9)
Biggie
Site Admin

Postby Kay » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:56 pm

I bought this book a few weeks ago: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Face-Food-Visua ... 580&sr=8-6

It's a collection of gorgeous photos rather than a how-to, but it's pretty inspirational! I don't think I could get anywhere near the Cinderella or the Super Mario Galaxy, but maybe the Totoro is within my range. What I found scary was the commentary from the bento makers, saying how they get up at 5am and finish making bento by 8am... I love my lie-ins too much! XD
Kay

Postby Beanbean » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:28 am

Ha! I'm going to make those egg chickens! That's about as much as I can do when it comes to kyaraben!
Beanbean

Return to Deco Ben Corner