Kyarachoco - Decorative Chocolate

Decorative food art bentos, including kyaraben and decoben

Kyarachoco - Decorative Chocolate

Postby Jojo » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:50 pm

hi bentolovers

I recently discovered a tutorial on a Japanese kyaraben blog that explains how to make kyarachoco, which is an abbreviation for character chocolate. You can find it here on Yurin's Obentou Blog (which has other brilliant posts, too).

I did a step-by-step picture tutorial in English on my own blog as well based on Yurin's explanation. It's not a direct translation because I'm using different materials and a different type of visual motif. So I left out some of the things she mentions while adding some personal tips from my side. Click here to see my post about chocolate painting.

It's hard to find tutorials for kyaraben stuff, so I thought this might interest you ;)

Please show the results if you attempt to use this technique!
Jojo

Re: Kyarachoco - Decorative Chocolate

Postby Pangolin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:39 pm

Very cool.

From other articles I've seen, powdered food coloring works to color the white chocolate.

There's also chocolate casting, which can be pretty cool - these Chocolate Suffragists are amusing. (How they were done.)

I'd love to see the two techniques done together with color!
Pangolin

• Website

Postby Kiana » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:17 am

Very cool! I'm going to have to try this. I love your tutorial using Audrey Hepburn, she is my favorite actress of all time! I wish I would have seen this for valentines day!
Making bentos and lovin it!
Kiana

Postby smoke » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:29 pm

I think I saw this one on foodgawker. Very cool.
smoke

Return to Deco Ben Corner