Page 2 of 2

Re: Penquins

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:17 pm
by varenikje
You don't like olives? Really? That hardly seems possible. But I'll believe you. This time...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:08 am
by MommaSith
I don't like olives, either :P

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:04 am
by varenikje
Well, as my mother used to say, "More for the rest of us." 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:18 am
by arkonitebabe
varenikje, you can have all the olives in the world for all I care *spit spit* horrible things :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:49 am
by varenikje
One time, my mom and I were making a car trip from Sacramento to Chico, California. As it happens, they grow and process olives in that area, so we stopped at a stand and bought a gallon of garlic green olives. We ate just about the whole thing while we drove along. Good memory, even if we did just about make ourselves sick on that trip (note: never eat a gallon of anything)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:51 pm
by varenikje
Aha! I got it to work! A picture of what is left from our lunchtime (yesterday) olive penguins!

I actually got a picture to go into a post! Mwahahaha!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:18 am
by MommaSith
Adorable!! Nice job! And I'm glad you got the picture thing figured out, we've had sickness meandering around our house for the past few days so my brain hasn't been functioning well enough to try to trouble-shoot yet... lol.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:28 am
by varenikje
I know exactly what you mean. One time, my husband came down with the chicken pox and I told him that it was his responsibility to make sure that everybody got it right at that moment, because I realized that if we spread it out, we could have chicken pox or been incubating chicken pox for a long time (our children were 1, 3, 5 and 6 at the time) :shock: . So we all got chicken pox at the same time (not me, because I had the sense to get them when I was a child). I made a cake for the family (in my pre-celiac days) that had beige/brown frosting and those little cinnamon red hots liberally sprinkled over the top. I served the cake for dessert one night and we sang "Happy Chicken Pox to youuuuu." The children were fairly sure I had lost it. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:04 am
by CatAnne
I love that!! I wish I liked Olives, Maybe I'll give them another shot. I added it to my recipes. Thanks.