Page 1 of 1

Bento shops in London

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:11 am
by myremi
Hi all,

I'm currently in London and am wondering if there are any shops here that supplies bento equipment / containers?

Do drop a line if you know if it does.

Thanks!

Re: Bento shops in London

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:22 pm
by brookelovesbento
Hi there,

Just discovered a UK based online shop, from the outset it does look a little pricey, but then again, I don't really know what things cost over there, and it's got to be cheaper than shipping gear from the US or Japan you would think. Link is below, hope this helps:

http://casabento.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index

Cheers, Brooke

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:37 am
by myremi
Thanks. I've actually left London and now am back home in Asia.

I didn't buy anything in the end but did managed to find a few hidden spots in Covent Garden.

Muji shop: sells plain and simple bento boxes.

Also, there was a small "Hello Kitty" shop hidden amongst the alleys of Covent Garden Area. I don't remember the name of the place except that it was sort of near Souk Restaurant (Morrocon Restaurant). It's not in a proper building but in a bracing put up in an alleyway that gives the illusion of the building. There were Sanrio bento boxes as well as the toaster maker for Pooh and Hello Kitty faces.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:48 pm
by Biggie
If anyone does know of or finds good bento stores in the London area, it'd be really helpful if you took a moment to input the store info and comments into the Bento Store Locator so that others can take quick advantage. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:24 pm
by myremi
Ta Biggie. I've added some in.

If I'm travelling again and I find something interesting, I'll add it into that Store Locator.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:32 pm
by Biggie
THANK YOU myremi!!!! I appreciate your adding info to the Bento Store Locator -- now it's there for all others to find easily!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:28 pm
by brookelovesbento
Hi Biggie,

I don't know how to add the CasaBento store to your list - it's online only, based in the UK, but ships everywhere.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:51 pm
by Biggie
Hi Brooke,

The BSL won't take it if it doesn't have a physical address, but how about adding it in comments to my list of online stores?