Page 1 of 1

Tampa, FL bento supplies?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:54 am
by Laura Bento
hi everyone! My husband will be going to Tampa, FL next weekend? Does anyone know if there are any stores that sell bento supplies?
Thanks!

Re: Tampa, FL bento supplies?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:59 am
by MommaSith
No idea, I'm afraid :( I've only been to Tampa a couple of times, both were many many years ago, and loooooooooong before I knew anything about bento :lol:
Sorry I'm no help :/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:53 pm
by Biggie
If you do find any local sources for bento gear, please take a moment to enter the store info (and a comment) on the Bento Store Locator with Google Maps on the main Lunch in a Box site. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:42 am
by SlackerMom
Hi All.

New to this forum but think its great. Hate to say it but pickings are slim here in Tampa. Although your husband has probably already come and gone, we have a large asian supermarket here called Oceanic Supermarket: http://www.oceanicmarket.com/ . They have a very good selection of asian food and good asian snacks in the Japanese, Chines, Thai and Filipino varieties. They even have a good amount of asian cooking utensils and dishes. But their lunch carriers are pretty limited. They have a couple of tiffin boxes and I've seen the cylinder sectioned Zojirushi Thermos . I guess most of us in this area aren't into the bento packing yet. I have seen quite a few sandwich carriers at the Sanrio shop in the International Plaza Mall but I refuse to pay $13.00 for something I used to buy in the 100 yen shops! Does anyone know of any other places to buy bento gear in this area?

I just came back from San Francisco last month and stumbled upon Ichiban Kan. I did buy some of the Natural Lunch items there. My co-workers were so interested in my little bento we just placed a huge collective order that will hopefully have most of my bento supplies.