If you had a local bento supply store...

Seek, research, find & trade. The right place for commerce and promotional announcements.

Re: If you had a local bento supply store...

Postby Kyoki » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:34 pm

I'm with sanriofreak. Kitchen supplies would be a dream, as well as accessories. I'd just love a Daiso nearby, really...
Sakura Blossoms Spokane- a Japanese interest club for women
The Laughing Otter- bento stuff mixed in with other stuff!
Kyoki

Postby eventamy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:37 pm

Oh boy! My dream would be all of the above! Actually, a website with all of the above, in stock, would be great! Something for everyone, cute little bentos for my girls, a pretty/elegant not too small, not too big for myself, a larger "manly" box for DH and lots of accessories!
Oh if I actually get to go to a store that carries bentos and supplies! Definitely on my wish list, right up there with my trip to Ireland! Well, maybe not right up there, but pretty close!
eventamy

Postby Kiana » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:08 pm

ooooo a local bento store! I would rather have a local store so that i wont have to pay S&H anymore.

i would like all of the bento items they have on ebay
hello kitty/sanrio
the veg/ham/cheese cutters
nori cutter
a big selection of bento boxes
egg molds/yolk mold
rice molds
in general everything bento related.

...plus i would love to have a bento supply store around like daiso or ichciban kan, cuz i live in a hispanic populated city and well to buy anything bento i have to order online or drive to another city to make a purchase. i have a bento shopping list thats maybe as tall as i am...lol :lol: i hope one of these days i can move to a town or city that has bento stores, cuz i highly doubt that there will be any type of bento store here in my city...sigh :roll:
Making bentos and lovin it!
Kiana

Postby Corgi » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Furoshiki and hashi, to add to what everyone said.

Veggie-shaped sauce bottles, 'cause I think they're cute.

Oh, and I found these neat little threaded-top stacking containers at Publix once, and bought some on-line - I can find it again, I think, if you're interested. Great for herbs/spices, other such things you need to pack.
Corgi
Corgi

Postby nkm1968 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:50 pm

All of the above "hardware" suggestions..plus a selection of non-perishable packable things (pocki in 10-pack boxes, rice seasonings, little gelatins, wasabi powder, wasabi peas, etc). And stickers, and maybe some how-to books or magazines. I'd definitiely take a class if it were offered, or even better a kid's class.
nkm1968

Postby ChrissiHR » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:47 pm

My kingdom for easily accessible bentos with manly characters for boys! My DS wants nothing to do with his bunny or strawberry bentos!
ChrissiHR

Postby Pangolin » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:46 pm

Corgi - let me know if you can find them. I'm always up for suggestions.

Also, anyone think these (the link hates me, but the green plastic boxes) would be cool as well? I've always loved these boxes, and they come in a variety of smaller shapes and volumes, as well as bright colors for little side things that aren't too liquidy. (Although they do hold liquid "okay" if they aren't bangged around too much.)
Pangolin

• Website

Postby Minathia » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:58 am

I second the class idea!! I think that would be amazing :)
Minathia

Postby PikaMama » Thu May 07, 2009 6:16 pm

More boy boxes! I find many more girly bento boxes locally much to the dissapointment of my son. I would love to see more selection for him. Also accessories like cups/sauce bottles etc :D
PikaMama

• Website

Postby NoelFigart » Fri May 08, 2009 7:14 am

15cm chopsticks. I have the devil's own time finding them when I buy bento boxes that don't come with chopsticks and I like putting them in the little slot under the lid! (a la Lube Sheep style boxen).
For bento stuff http://noelfigart.com/blog/category/bento/
NoelFigart

• Website
  • YIM

PreviousNext

Return to Marketplace