If you had a local bento supply store...

Seek, research, find & trade. The right place for commerce and promotional announcements.

If you had a local bento supply store...

Postby Pangolin » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:57 am

If you had a local store that sold bento boxes and supplies, what would you want to be sure they carried?

What bento boxes or supplies are you unable to live without?

What would make you want to shop in a local store rather than online?

(Okay, I admit, I'm using you for market research! But, really, who better to ask than all of you? ;) )
Pangolin

• Website

Re: If you had a local bento supply store...

Postby veganf » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:43 am

Hello Kitty items of course!
And any other kawaii characters...
And sushi making supplies...
mama to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1), all born at home. Kids vegan bento lunches: http://disposableaardvarksinc.blogspot.com/
veganf

• Website

Postby killerkitty » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:49 am

The exact opposite of the above post :D - Nice, stylish boxes without Sanrio/Disney/Whatever characters, I can't see them anymore, no matter in which form! No offense, Veganf!

Also all the cutesy stuff like picks, sauce bottles, dividers, etc. You can only use that many boxes, but small stuff gets lost or breaks all the time, so somewhere to drop buy and get supplies would be too good to be true.
killerkitty

Postby eilismaura » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:57 am

tools and gadgets to help with preparing foods mostly
eilismaura

Postby Biggie » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:03 pm

Okay, so I DO have local bento supply stores, but I'd say a good mix of bento boxes (plain men's larger boxes, elegant women's boxes, cute little kids' boxes and ones for boys too), a few expensive unusual boxes as well as low-cost ones like the Ichiban Kan or Daiso ones plus some Lock & Locks, some thermal lunch jars & thermal bento kits, a collapsible sandwich case, accessories (food picks, egg molds, dividers, silicone food cups), little decorative cutters, and bags + utensils in carrying cases.
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (9)
Biggie
Site Admin

Postby MommaSith » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:34 pm

All of the above! :lol: Accessories would be the biggest, I think. As KillerKitty said, little stuff gets lost, and being able to replace it immediately without paying and waiting for shipping would be awesome.
MommaSith

Postby sanriofreak » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:34 pm

I think a variety of the above would be nice too. Although I love Hello Kitty, I am a mom to boys. I've love to see bento boxes that are boy themed, plus accessories. I'd also like to eco-friendly stuff, like stainless steel containers and drink containers too.
sanriofreak

Postby MommaSith » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Oh, drink containers definitely, especially if they are reasonably priced! (and leak-proof!)
MommaSith

Postby Lethargic » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:22 am

Maybe some unique things you can't find everywhere else. Like handmade bags and utensil rolls and stuff. Locally made of course would be even better. I'm not sure what else could be handmade for bento, but it's always nice. Maybe have demonstrations in the store? Like how to make sushi, or onigiri, or other things.
Lethargic

Postby sanriofreak » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:50 am

Yes, definitely demos/classes would be cool. I'd also carry some other Japanese things too, like sushi supplies, teas and other Japanese tableware. I got some black Japanese bowls for ramen noodles when I first got married and LOVE them. Not only are they functional, but they are also very pretty too and just the right size for a bowl of Asian noodles, like udon, ramen, etc..
sanriofreak

Next

Return to Marketplace