Your Favorites from Daiso or Anywhere???

Seek, research, find & trade. The right place for commerce and promotional announcements.

Your Favorites from Daiso or Anywhere???

Postby Pangolin » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:54 am

I am considering putting bento boxes and accessories in my shop in Columbus, Ohio. I'm still looking for sources, but since Daiso Japan is now selling wholesale, they seem like a good option to start with. (Part of this was sparked by Biggie's comments here.)

Since everyone here seems to have their favorite boxes, I thought I might ask all of you to check out the Daiso bento boxes and accessories and tell me which ones you've tried out and liked.

Any ideas or help you guys can provide would be a huge help and be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by Pangolin on Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pangolin

• Website

Re: Your Favorites from Daiso??

Postby bluefrogj » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:01 am

Hands down these are my personal favorites from what are listed: http://www.daisojapan.com/p-2800-bento- ... 10pks.aspx

They are hard to find to boot! I prefer bento boxes with a squarish shape.
:) Jenn of Not Exactly Bento
bluefrogj

• Website

Re: Your Favorites from Daiso or Anywhere???

Postby Pangolin » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:57 pm

bluefrogj - thanks for the suggestion!

I'd rather try to sell a decent box that has been "tested" and "approved" by people here than try to sell something that falls apart or breaks. Isn't part of the idea to have a waste-free lunch? It defeats the purpose if the boxes are junk and fall apart causing you to have to buy another one. I'd love to have someone buy several good boxes to have variety than to be frustrated that they have to buy new ones because the old one broke down on them!
Pangolin

• Website

Postby Kyoki » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:10 pm

I use their accessories- the fruit/star/heart shaped sauce bottles, and the antibacterial sheets. (Speaking of, how do those work, anyway?) I'm afraid my fave Daiso stuff comes in the kitchen section, not the bento stuff... the dishes and utensils.
Sakura Blossoms Spokane- a Japanese interest club for women
The Laughing Otter- bento stuff mixed in with other stuff!
Kyoki

Postby Biggie » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:51 am

Kyoko, the antibacterial sheets are coated on one side with a flavorless wasabi extract (wasabi has naturally antibacterial properties). When it's pressed onto the surface of a bento lunch it retards bacterial growth on the food.
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (9)
Biggie
Site Admin

Return to Marketplace