Where do you buy your bento gear from?

Seek, research, find & trade. The right place for commerce and promotional announcements.

Re: Where do you buy your bento gear from?

Postby chameleon089 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:05 am

Ravendance - if you (or anyone else) make it to Nashville, TN, there are many good Asian and International markets here. There's one in particular that I've bought locknlock style (different brand) boxes from, and also a neat thermal bento. It's called Fiesta E Mart (half Mexican, half Korean) but they have a whole aisle of containers and kitchen utensils. There are also a ton of smaller markets that I haven't had a chance to check out, so there are probably other places as well.
chameleon089

Postby strangeseraph » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:42 am

I bought both my bento boxes from Jbox for large sums, but I'm happy with them. I also like the dollar stores. :) They always have cute little plastic party favor picks, and all sorts of small portion sized snacks and food items, and inexpensive kitchen supplies like wooden spoons and cheese graters.

There's a few great little asian markets here in my town, they don't carry bento but they carry everything else asian, food, kitchen appliances, candy and chopsticks, to name a few things. :)
~*~*~*~ [~Jenny~] ~*~*~*~
strangeseraph

• Website
  • YIM

Postby Fabiano » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:18 pm

I have previously ordered quite a bit of bento gear off of ebay and have had great service with the Bento Obento shop and Shop Sukiyaki. The shipping from Japan is a bit high priced, but if you can afford it, it's fun to receive the gear from the bento country of origin. Also, as far as ebay goes, you can look at the seller's ratings and decide if you want to order based on others' experiences.

Has anyone had any online shopping experiences with Veryasia.com?
Fabiano

Postby Pangolin » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:05 pm

Fabiano-
I just got a new bento set from VeryAsia. My father-in-law got this for me as a Chanukah present. He couldn't believe how happy I got over a "lunchbox". He said that it was delievered pretty quickly from when he ordered it. The set was actually even better qualtity than I thought it looked on the website when I first saw it to put it on my list.
Pangolin

• Website

Postby Fabiano » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi Pangolin- Thanks for the feedback on veryasia.com. When I clicked on your link ("this") to see your Chanukah gift bento box, it took me to veryasia.com's home page. I'm curious to see which bento box you received......
Fabiano

Postby atilem » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:55 pm

arkonitebabe wrote:I found another albeit small source for UK bento fiends:
http://www.tokyojazzpanda.co.uk/

HTH

Have bookmarked that, thank you! And by the way are you the same arkonitebabe from MSE?
atilem

Postby arkonitebabe » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:51 pm

atilem wrote:
arkonitebabe wrote:I found another albeit small source for UK bento fiends:
http://www.tokyojazzpanda.co.uk/

HTH

Have bookmarked that, thank you! And by the way are you the same arkonitebabe from MSE?

One and the same :D
arkonitebabe

Postby Pangolin » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:29 pm

FABIANO - sorry about that. That link is funky... anyway, the one I got was the "Tiger LWV-B100 Stainless Steel Lunch Jar (Black)". I've been using it almost everyday, and I like it. The rice jar is really deceptive - you can pack two meals worth of rice in it!
Pangolin

• Website

Postby Mom2Boo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:32 am

I don't think this has been mentioned, but I got my first bento box from Etsy. www.etsy.com It is a nice quality two tier box. It came with a belt, chopsticks and some really cute food erasers. :)
My name is Shelly. I'm a SAHM to a toddler boy. I'm new to this bento thing and hoping to be really great at it by the time my son hits elementary school. :)

Not bento specific, just my personal blog: http://iusedtobeaperson.blogspot.com/
Mom2Boo

• Website

Postby Kiana » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:10 pm

I've bought from ebay, ichiban kan, disney store,and soon jbox
Making bentos and lovin it!
Kiana

PreviousNext

Return to Marketplace