Bottles of sauce, furikake, salt etc.

Tricks for speedy prep, packing, food safety, freezing, organization, and saving money

Re: Bottles of sauce, furikake, salt etc.

Postby Corgi » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Here's the admittedly-uncute Container Store travel offerings:

http://www.containerstore.com/browse/in ... ?CATID=253
Corgi
User avatar
Corgi
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:18 pm

Re: Bottles of sauce, furikake, salt etc.

Postby Ahorsesoul » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:12 pm

Oprah has a container store coupon 20% off here--good until March 1, 2009:
http://www.oprah.com/slideshow/oprahshow/20081029_tows_messyhouse/21
Word for 2009-Christmas: Living each day filled with the Christmas Spirit.
Life happens even if you aren't ready.
Scrappin Not Nappin in 2009
Ahorsesoul
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:36 pm

Re: Bottles of sauce, furikake, salt etc.

Postby Biggie » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:13 am

I just cross-posted the coupon info to the Promotions & Coupons subforum in Marketplace, here. Thanks for the coupon and product info, guys!
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (9)
User avatar
Biggie
Site Admin
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Bottles of sauce, furikake, salt etc.

Postby Divash » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:12 am

On a similar note, I bought some sauce bottles, which are supposedly designed to HOLD sauces, and find that they all leak. They don't hold sauces, they pour sauces, and sometimes my DH's rice balls fall apart into too-salty mush. Has anyone else had this issue?
Divash
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:30 am

Re: Bottles of sauce, furikake, salt etc.

Postby Biggie » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:53 am

Divash wrote:On a similar note, I bought some sauce bottles, which are supposedly designed to HOLD sauces, and find that they all leak. They don't hold sauces, they pour sauces, and sometimes my DH's rice balls fall apart into too-salty mush. Has anyone else had this issue?

Could you describe the sauce bottles or post a photo? I'm not getting a good understanding of what you have.
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (9)
User avatar
Biggie
Site Admin
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Bottles of sauce, furikake, salt etc.

Postby nekonoain » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:35 pm

Some of the bottle sets come with a little pipette to fill the small mouthed bottles. I need to get one of those. I'm still doing the squeeze and suck method. :D
User avatar
nekonoain
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:49 am
  • Website
  • YIM

Re: Bottles of sauce, furikake, salt etc.

Postby MommaSith » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:11 pm

nekonoain wrote:Some of the bottle sets come with a little pipette to fill the small mouthed bottles. I need to get one of those. I'm still doing the squeeze and suck method. :D


I got one of those once... it broke the first time I used it. *le sigh*
(I still want another one, though... I hope for better luck next time :P )
User avatar
MommaSith
Moderator
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:28 am
Location: FL
  • ICQ
  • YIM

Re: Bottles of sauce, furikake, salt etc.

Postby Corgi » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:29 pm

Try a scientific supply if the Container Store doesn't have droppers and such. Or maybe even just your local chemist's.
Corgi
User avatar
Corgi
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:18 pm

Re: Bottles of sauce, furikake, salt etc.

Postby lilusa » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:19 am

Any tips for the Apple(tomato?) bottles (with the yellow bear). I try the sqeezensuck method, but only got the bottle about half full and it was also hard to get it back out. The bottles are not very squeezable....
http://www.twitter.com/stephfalcon
User avatar
lilusa
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Gainesville, FL
  • Website

Re: Bottles of sauce, furikake, salt etc.

Postby Divash » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:19 pm

Biggie wrote:
Divash wrote:On a similar note, I bought some sauce bottles, which are supposedly designed to HOLD sauces, and find that they all leak. They don't hold sauces, they pour sauces, and sometimes my DH's rice balls fall apart into too-salty mush. Has anyone else had this issue?

Could you describe the sauce bottles or post a photo? I'm not getting a good understanding of what you have.


They're the red and blue ones from Ichiban Kan USA, but they're sold out and apparently they don't keep the pictures available once they're sold out. I tossed mine, since they don't do the job of holding the sauce. I replaced them with the apple and bear sauce bottles from Ichiban Kan, and they do a much better job. At least the apple ones do. When Passover starts I'll be using the bear bottle, and I'll let you know how that works out.
Divash
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:30 am

PreviousNext

Return to Tips

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron