Page 1 of 1

Which tier do I put it in!?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:44 pm
by ZzShorty
Hi all,

Being a college student, I haven't yet been able to use my two tier box that I just got in the mail a few weeks ago. However, I'm going to be crafty and try to bento for tomorrow, sans kitchen. Yep, I'm going to bento without a kitchen, sounds nutty right? I have a box that has a 330ml tier and a 250 tier, a fairly common arrangement as I've seen. Which one does my rice go in? I'm not sure which one is more appropriate to put my rice in. Could anyone give me a little insight?

Thanks!
Kristen

Re: Which tier do I put it in!?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:02 pm
by Kiana
Well it depends on your preference, some put the rice in the smaller tier and some in the larger tier. Really it just depends on you. For example I usually use the larger tier for my rice, and meat and smaller tier for my veggies and fruits but sometimes I feel like eating more veggies and that's when I would use the smaller tier for rice! But like I said it depends on you and it's your bento so prepare it how you want it! :mrgreen:

GOOD LUCK & YUMMY BENTOS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:54 pm
by ZzShorty
Thanks for your answer, that's really what I was edging towards. Lets hope my dorm room bento is yummy and delicious tomorrow. I think it's going to turn out awesome for only using a rice cooker and a microwave! Now I gotta decide whether i want more rice, or more veggies :D.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:24 pm
by CatAnne
ZzShorty wrote:Thanks for your answer, that's really what I was edging towards. Lets hope my dorm room bento is yummy and delicious tomorrow. I think it's going to turn out awesome for only using a rice cooker and a microwave! Now I gotta decide whether i want more rice, or more veggies :D.

I hope your dorm is better than mine was. Forget the sharing of the toilet/shower and roommate problems. I was allowed a mini fridge(now in my room at home filled with water so I don't wake people up at night when I'm thirsty) but no microwave, toaster, sandwich maker. I had two outlet plugs with two sockets. 1 for the computer, 1 for the fridge, 1 for the lamp, and one that I used for anything else I needed. The dorm had a kitchen in my RA's room, but we where not allowed to use it. You could only use the microwave on the top floor with the laundry room, and it was broken or dirty all the time. The cafeteria was useless on weekends, and if they where open and served decent food it was soo far away, and not worth it. Bentos would have been great had I had a kitchen, or at least a microwave/crock pot thing. I did have an electric kettle, cause I'm a tea addict.

Ugh, you gave me flashbacks.