Bentos at the Disney Store!

Containers, bags, accessories & tools for packing lunch

Bentos at the Disney Store!

Postby Thoreau » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:20 am

So I was at the mall today, and I ALWAYS go to the Disney store... they have tons of cute stuff. I saw the greatest thing! Disney chracter bentos. They were touted as "Disney Lunchboxes" but they were a bento, maybe 400ml (comparing to the size of my 350ml clicky click) with two removable cups. I saw Princess, Lighting McQueen, and Power Rangers. They also have matching forks, spoons, and knives. I'll try and get pictures, I wanted to pick one up, but mom wouldn't let me buy it. :x
Thoreau

Re: Bentos at the Disney Store!

Postby Adelyn » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:25 am

O~oh! I wish we had a Disney store again. I loved looking at all of the stuff at the one we had when it was still around. :x
Adelyn

Postby Biggie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:57 am

Do you recall how much they were? What kind of lid did they have?
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (9)
Biggie
Site Admin

Postby Thoreau » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:10 am

It had a wing lock lid. And I believe they were around $8?
Thoreau

Postby Biggie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:28 am

Ooh, wing lock lid character bento boxes for $8? Sounds great! I'll have to go check them out.
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (9)
Biggie
Site Admin

Postby jskidmoreca » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:38 am

Lucky's Supermarket also has a Disney section - in my particular store, it is at the end of the cereal aisle. Lots of different "table ware" products - plastic bowls, cups, snack cups, utensils, and I believe, bentos. I have been tempted but that's pushing the kawaii a little much for me - a mom of teens who already roll their eyes a bit at what I have... I'll check it out in more detail later and report back about types of boxes, pricing and characters (I'm thinking they had cars, princess, tinkerbell)

Of course, if anyone else is so compelled to check it out before me, feel free to report back
Jo
Novato, California
jskidmoreca

Postby MommaSith » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:47 am

Ohhhhhhh, now that is a dangerous thing for me to know! As soon as the kids are back in school and DH is back at work, to the mall I go! /happy dance
(And that's tomorrow! HA!)
MommaSith

Postby anadandy » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:31 am

They had them on sale when we went to the Disney store to pick up Disney Dollars - I think for $5! Unfortunately all they had left was Disney Princesses and Tinkerbell - which wasn't going to fly with my son, even though his favorite color is pink :)
anadandy

Postby jskidmoreca » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:36 pm

anadandy wrote:They had them on sale when we went to the Disney store to pick up Disney Dollars - I think for $5! Unfortunately all they had left was Disney Princesses and Tinkerbell - which wasn't going to fly with my son, even though his favorite color is pink :)

Do they do "rainchecks"? I am so into rainchecks right now - DD got dehydrated at a soccer tournament recently and rather than just plain water, my mother in law introduced us to whole foods (whole paycheck$$) electrolyte water - well someone mentioned that "smart water" was the same thing and it turns out it was on sale at Safeway till today. So I hit up the 3 Safeways on my way home from work yesterday totally figuring that none would have it in stock - especially my local safeway that NEVER has anything in stock and that's the reason why I rarely shop at Safeway anymore (that was my last stop). The first 2 Safeways no luck - no waters on the shelf, but went to customer service and got rainchecks for 40 bottles of the water at each (rain check lasts 90 days!) and then at my local Safeway they had the water! Bought a ton - I think we are pretty much set for life with elctrolyte water :lol:

Couldn't hurt to ask...
Jo
Novato, California
jskidmoreca

Postby MommaSith » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:43 am

I found them! :D The regular price is $5.50 each, but right now they are on sale for $4. (The price tag on the bottom says $5.50 or 3 for $12, but you only have to buy 1 to get them for $4 each right now.) I got a Fairies one (Tinkerbell & friends, kinda), a Princess one (Snow White, Cinderella, Jasmine, Belle, and Ariel), and a Sleeping Beauty one. They also had a Mickey & friends sort of design. They are top rack dishwasher safe, but not microwave safe. I'm going to try to get some pics of them after I pick up my youngest from school. I'll measure them, as well, since they don't have capacity printed on them anywhere that I can see. They feel very sturdy, and they are SO cute!! :D
MommaSith

Next

Return to Gear