Alright, let's see your gear!

Containers, bags, accessories & tools for packing lunch

Re: Alright, let's see your gear!

Postby tigonbento » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:39 am

My mayo cup and sauce bottle
Silicone cup

Baran

My lunch box, Sanrio shinkansen 1-tier bento with 2 appitizer box and matching chopstick and my "TVXQ" oshibori
Furoshiki

carabiner toolkit for attach the lunch bag to our backpack
Tiny(4 yo.)'s utensils set

Lunch boxes, Tiny (4) and Marti (9)'s
* I've no picture for the picks and lunch bags
tigonbento

Postby Pangolin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:41 am

tigonbento - that looks like a great start to a bento collection! Nice choices!
Pangolin

• Website

Postby varenikje » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:11 am

Ok, lets see if I can do this. I just bought a couple of "boxes" on ebay. I am not sure why I did this, since I doubt that I will ever need a bento box that looks like a hamburger, but I couldn't seem to help myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VI ... 0401862572

I did get other items for bento earlier, but I have no camera (except on my computer), so I will have to see if I can figure that out. But in the mean time, I just thought a bento box shaped like a hamburger was quirky/fun.

Well, lets see if this works.
"In general, mankind, since the improvement in cookery,
eats twice as much as nature requires."
Benjamin Franklin

"It's so beautifully arranged on the plate
- you know someone's fingers have been all over it."
Julia Child
varenikje

Postby Folly » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:59 am

(SIGH) varenikje, I'm with you. That hamburger bento box is irrestibly cute! I bought a couple of them a few months ago, but they're really too small to pack anything more than a snack. And it's a little tricky to snap close, so I doubt it would work for a small child. So DH and I use it as a bank. Every time he takes bento to work or on a flight, he puts $8/$10 (the amount he used to spend for take-out) in it. Since he only takes lunch once or twice a week, we're shocked how much is in there already. I was going to use it to buy bento gear in Japan next year, but I may use it to buy my airline ticket instead!
Last edited by Folly on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Folly

Postby varenikje » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:53 pm

What a great idea! I'll bet you are half way to Japan right now! That puts you where? Somewhere in the Pacific? :lol:

I guess we will see if I can use this for a lunch. It is hard (impossible?) to tell how big this thing is from the picture, so I will have to wait and see what arrives in the mail. But that is a great idea to save up your lunch money in it!
Benjamin Franklin

Julia Child
varenikje

Postby lanib2 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:14 pm

Its not my normal gear but I was soo excited when my large order of bento stuff arrived I took the photo below. I really need to get some better storage options cause currently they are just all sitting in two different large mixing bowls ...

http://cookinglani.blogspot.com its my food blog, cause food is awesome!
lanib2

Postby ekkadoll » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:14 pm

veganf wrote:I did a blog post last summer with my bento stash, not including all the little accessories though, just the big stuff. I've bought some new stuff since, but it's still a fun photo inventory: http://disposableaardvarksinc.blogspot. ... ntory.html Lots of Hello Kitty of course. :P

Ugh, I'm looking everywhere for Pokemon bento (that doesn't feature the new Pokemon on it). You're luckyyy.
Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.
--Voltaire
ekkadoll

• YIM

Postby bettyboop » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:57 pm

I noticed many posters say they get their gear from Ichibankan online store. when i searched for it...it said they no longerhave a store and read a sidebar on this site to that effect....where else is a good online place. I have a lunchbox lunches kit- but it is a tad big (as someone else also noted.) We do have an asian grocery but I am also a fanatic when it comes to 'good' plastic or using glass/steel instead of plastic. any ideas? thanks
bettyboop

Postby varenikje » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:05 pm

Yes, sigh, Ichibankan is out of online business and has been for some time. :cry: If you are somewhere near the bay area in California (and I think a couple of other places), they do have a retail store, but I am in Nebraska, so no such luck here!

So, I have purchased bento stuff from a few different places. Most are mentioned on the Lunch In A Box "Online Stores for Bento Gear" page, which is here: http://lunchinabox.net/2008/06/09/online-stores-for-bento-gear/. If you just do a search for bento lunch boxes, something will pop up! Ebay also sells bento stuff, including boxes, but it doesn't look cheap, exactly.

Well, good luck! And let us know if you find anything wonderful, in a bento-ish way. :D
Benjamin Franklin

Julia Child
varenikje

Postby bettyboop » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:25 am

Oh i should have never asked where to buy LOL. I must pace myself. Thanks :) so glad I found this group. lots of interesting reads and ideas.
bettyboop

PreviousNext

Return to Gear