Alright, let's see your gear!

Containers, bags, accessories & tools for packing lunch

Re: Alright, let's see your gear!

Postby Jenji » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:36 am

Simply too many...out all of them...4 are my boyfriends' and occasionally mine XD The last photo is (quite obviously) a fresh order from Ichiban-kan.

OH! I question for anyone who can answer: In the first and second photos, there's a green bag with cats on it called "Femmio Valentino", does anyone know what I can find the bento box?! I have a FULL SET but the box got crushed (sad beyond belief). It's my absolute favorite box...green + cats! Also, does anyone know where I can get the "Comment Vas Tu?" set? Preferably in green?!!! I gave an entire set to my cousin...who probably doesn't use it...and is across the country in CA. Don't want to ask her for it though. Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me a hint or a nudge in the right direction! Please PM me so I don't hijack this thread ;;^^
Jenji

Postby Corgi » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:57 pm

I found a good picture:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22327611@N00/261965730

...and Bento Obento had one listed recently:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Femmio-Valentino-Green-Cat-Bento-Box_W0QQitemZ350160772950QQcmdZViewItem

...but I can't find a kittybox currently for sale. :?
Corgi
Corgi

Postby Jenji » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:42 pm

Ahh! Thanks Corgi! I'll have to ask if she'll restock it. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I honestly never though I'd be able to find it again :D
Jenji

Postby Pangolin » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:42 pm

Jenji - nice stash! What are the two navy blue ones on the top left of the top photo? Are they Asvel? (I've been looking for something like that, but to no avail. I had to settle for a similar one in white...argh!)

Those wilton green and blue square baking cups work well... they fit well in my shorter lock & lock boxes, but I usually use them for muffins or jell-o.
Pangolin

• Website

Postby Fallstar » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:59 pm

I have one of those blue ones, from Asvel. I bought mine in Hawaii, at Shirokiya. It's great, comes with a removable divider, and has a steam pressure vent in the lid. :)
Fallstar

Postby Jenji » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:41 pm

Pangolin wrote:Jenji - nice stash! What are the two navy blue ones on the top left of the top photo? Are they Asvel? (I've been looking for something like that, but to no avail. I had to settle for a similar one in white...argh!)

Those wilton green and blue square baking cups work well... they fit well in my shorter lock & lock boxes, but I usually use them for muffins or jell-o.

Sankyuu!! And yes they are Asvel boxes I found them at Mitsuwa (Edgewater, NJ). GREAT boxes indeed. Hopefully, someone will stock them online! I want to get a white one... LOVE the baking cups!!
Jenji

Postby Corgi » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:40 pm

I indulged myself a little (kinda foolish, but... that's another story) -- I saw something that matches my sakura juubako, which looks like (or very close to) this:

Now, given that, could I possibly resist this?

They're pretty deep, too, and have instructions that show using the top as your plastic-wrap-lined mould for the rice. The bottom I guess is for the nori.

I like matching things.

Edit: Fixed image tags. --MommaSith
Last edited by MommaSith on Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images weren't displaying
Corgi
Corgi

Postby Zetty » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:24 pm

So, I broke down and decided to take inventory of my Bento gear. Most of the stuff I buy double for both my hubbie and myself - except for any of the pink stuff. I guess that is where he draws the line! :roll:
For space sake, most of the double stuff that I couldn't stack I left out.

So, these are my bento boxes and such...

These are my bento 'beautifying' gear...

And these are my bento transports.

Zetty
http://www.LatinConFusion.blogspot.com
Zetty

• Website

Postby tenshi » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:59 am

I recently picked up a new bento set.

I first saw it on Zojirushi's website a few months back and thought it looked so cute. Then recently, I saw it on sale for less than half of the recommended price making it more comparable to other sets.

The set comes with the rice container, tight lid, metal tin, chopsticks, case, and 2 okazu containers. The containers are larger than other sets I've had in the past which seems a little unusual for a ladies set.

(If the pictures don't work, please let me know. I'm trying a new account to host the pictures from.)
tenshi

Postby Biggie » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:44 am

Wow tenshi, that set is *SO* stylish! I love it, especially the bag!
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (9)
Biggie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Gear