Alright, let's see your gear!

Containers, bags, accessories & tools for packing lunch

Re: Alright, let's see your gear!

Postby NoelFigart » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:00 am

PikaMama, as far as having several boxes? Of COURSE you need them. If you, your friends and family go out on a picnic, you want to be able to have enough boxes to make everyone a nice bento for the outing, right? (That was my logic to shake loose the 20 bucks I spent at Ichiban Kan for a few cute ones).

Since none of the places I've found on online sell nice, neutral chopsticks that are short enough to fit under bento lids, I bought a package of nice, inexpensive wooden chopsticks and made some of these wraps to match furoshiki and belts I have:

I like things to look cute and match (and for heaven's sake, if I didn't, I wouldn't be into bento!). Thank goodness for the Almighty Fabric Stash.
For bento stuff http://noelfigart.com/blog/category/bento/
NoelFigart

• Website
  • YIM

Postby KawaiiSakura » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:52 pm

I am brand new to bento but I have 2 bento boxes and a few things to share. I have ordered 4 other boxes, dividers, dipping sauce cups, fork and spoon sets and a bunch of cutters and food shapers that are on their way still to my house so I'll update as I get new stuff

Dolphin Bento box, little happy face smiley container I got for $2, chopsticks and egg molds. I have another bento box not pictured because it's being used today. It's a simple red 2 tier box

Last edited by KawaiiSakura on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KawaiiSakura

Postby Mom2Boo » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:33 pm

Well, my collection has expanded since I last posted my pics so here's what I've got now.
(sorry for so many pics)

And my final shipment from Ichiban. :(
My name is Shelly. I'm a SAHM to a toddler boy. I'm new to this bento thing and hoping to be really great at it by the time my son hits elementary school. :)

Not bento specific, just my personal blog: http://iusedtobeaperson.blogspot.com/
Mom2Boo

• Website

Postby Jessica » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:28 am

Ok, I've been collecting all summer for back-to-school, and I still have two more boxes coming and a bunch of accessories (we did a co-op from Daiso) But here's what I have so far.

Nightmare Before Christmas 2 layer, 1 layer, cup and bag (forgot the Japanese name) and lunch bag.

Pokemon 2 layer

Toy Story 2 layer (collapses to 1 layer) and 1 layer

Totoro 2x 1layer boxes and 3pc nesting boxes

Chipmunk/Squirrel 2 layer that colapses to 1 layer for stoage.

Petite Amour 2x 1 layer boxes and chopsticks in turqoise

and pink

primary color 1 layer boxes

Minnie Mouse set 2 layer, 1 layer, chopsticks, and bag

The Very Hungry Caterpillar 2x 1 layer boxes and bag

All the boxes together, including a small round pink one not otherwise pictured

Rice molds

Egg molds

food dividers/ dishes

mayo containers, soy sauce bottles

picks

sushi grass and fondant cutters for decorating

Large insulated bag large enough to carry a couple of boxes and two large bottles of water plus ice packs.
Jessica

Postby Thoreau » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:29 am

I LOVE the Nightmare Before Christmas boxes!!! Where did you get them?
Thoreau

Postby Jessica » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:41 am

Thoreau wrote:I LOVE the Nightmare Before Christmas boxes!!! Where did you get them?

I got pieces in different places, I originally found the 2 layer box and bag on bento crazy, then I found a set on ebay that had a TON of stuff, so I caved and bid (and won) that one, mostly for the 1 layer box, but I kept the cup too. So now I actually have a second set of the 2 layer box and bag, along with an oshibori, fork, insulated bottle bag, and some other lunch bags that I plan to sell. My husband doesn't know that I bought the set on ebay just to get the 1 layer box. :oops:
Jessica

Postby Jessica » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:44 am

oh, http://bentocrazy.ecrater.com/search.ph ... =nightmare still has the water bottle and stacking boxes
Jessica

Postby PinGer » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:25 am

Here are my mini stash:P

Outta the few containers I have here, my fav would be the endo thermal flask, got it for 13.90 sgd and it keeps warm for more than 8 hours!
And the rest are just normal... looking out for more cutesie containers :D
PinGer

Postby Jeo » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:04 am

Jessica wrote:oh, http://bentocrazy.ecrater.com/search.ph ... =nightmare still has the water bottle and stacking boxes

Thanks for the link to the store! They have a nice selection with really nice prices (really nice shipping too). Ebay's starting to get expensive with all of the shipping from Japan.
*sigh*
I really need to take a pic of my stuff... I'm just lazy...
:oops:
Jeo

Postby LeeAnnBalbirona » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:40 pm

Oooo, pink sushi grass! I want some. Jessica, where did you find that?
Gluten-free school lunch bentos are my focus; three children in school (6yo, 9yo & 12yo) that I pack lunch for daily, and one child (3yo) at home. I also pack lunch daily for my dh and sometimes for myself. Yes, that's a lot of lunches!
LeeAnnBalbirona

PreviousNext

Return to Gear