So I'm getting my tongue pierced...

Bento & lunch-packing talk that doesn't fit elsewhere

Re: So I'm getting my tongue pierced...

Postby Kiana » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:09 pm

When I got my tongue piereced, I went with my friend and after the whole ordeal I was eating everything like normal but my friend could only eat soup and ice cream she kinda hated me for a while for being able to munch on whatever I wanted ( we were in high school so I snacked a lot) and not be in pain or sore, I told her it just depends on the person. Anyway if your still considering getting it pierced soup would be my best bet with some udon, or miso, wonton, or my favorite chicken mami but of course in a soup safe container, something filling and hunger satisfying!
Making bentos and lovin it!
Kiana

Re: So I'm getting my tongue pierced...

Postby smoke » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:56 am

I had 5 teeth pulled as well. I made half a package of split peas into a soup, can't remember how many slices of lightly fried bacon, but it was good.

Maybe steamed buns with very soft fillings? I know that a carrot won't hold up to any handling after it's been through a rice cycle in my steamer.

Mashed potatoes are good. I haven't been able to get a cohesive result from mixing in eggs and trying to fry it.

Rolled omelet can be swallowed in small chunks, as can hard-boiled egg. If you're daring, you could even try crustless egg salad on mushy bleached bread. (Think Wonderbread white, tastes like glue.)

I ate a lot of cottage cheese and vanilla yogurt. I guess a person on a sore-mouth diet would have to pull out brightly-colored purees and juices to get some color without food dye.
smoke

Previous

Return to General Lunch Discussion