Why do you use Bentobox ?

Bento & lunch-packing talk that doesn't fit elsewhere

Why do you use Bentobox ?

Postby misep » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:36 am

Hello!

I come on this forum to have your opinion on Bentobox. I'm French, so I don't know why you are using BentoBox.

- Do you use your bento box every day ?
- Are you interested in small objects around (pic decoration, etc ...) ?
- Are you very interesting about the design of your bento ?
- Why did you start using Bentobox ?
- What attracted you ?

Please tell me about whatever you want about the bento box !

(nb: this post will be useful for a marketing exercise in my school, your name will not be quoted and information will remain between me and my teacher.)

Your answers are very important to me.
Thank you very much for your help!
misep

Re: Why do you use Bentobox ?

Postby PixelxBento » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:42 am

- I pack bento for my boyfriend 5 days a week. If I have a full day of work and school, then I pack one for myself as well.
- Yes
- Yes, I want my bento lunchs to look nice.
- I started to use bento to save money.
- What attracted me to bento was that It was going to save me money on food bills, but I can also be creative with my food presentation.
PixelxBento

Postby eventamy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:26 am

- Do you use your bento box every day ? Not every day, but I tried to at least 3-5 days a week for my girls
- Are you interested in small objects around (pic decoration, etc ...) ? Yes, I like to make things cute for my children
- Are you very interesting about the design of your bento ?Sometimes
- Why did you start using Bentobox ?My oldest daughter doesn't really like to eat her food, I started making bento because I thought it was neat and I like to cook, but also to make it more interesting to her
- What attracted you ? See above! I just like doing it for them. My husband loves when I make him one too! He tends to eat better/healthier when I make his lunch.
eventamy

Postby pauline » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:08 pm

Yes, almost every weekday - I'd say about 4 times a week.

Yes, I do like decorations. Instead of on the box, I rather the decoration be the sauce containers or molds of my food (shaped eggs) or food dividers.

I'm not very interested about the design of my bento box. I'm more concerned that it holds enough food.

I wanted to save money and eat healthier. The fast food restaurants near my work did not offer yummy or healthy foods.

- What attracted you ?
I like cute things, it makes me look forward to lunch and is a very small way for me to be a little creative and add fun in my day.
pauline

Postby misep » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:35 pm

Thanks very much for your answers !
You have many reasons to use it, and small objects are popular ;)
misep

Postby ScottishJill » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:44 am

- Do you use your bento box every day ? Yes, except the days I'm horrendously late getting up out my bed!
- Are you interested in small objects around (pic decoration, etc ...) ? I love my little animal sauce bottles and my bright silicone baking cases - they make me smile when I open up my lunch but other than that I don't tend to go in for the food art element.
- Are you very interesting about the design of your bento ? Not really
- Why did you start using Bentobox ? I was bored of eating the same rubbish food at work everyday. I'm probably one of the few people who spends more money on lunches since switching to making my own - our meals at work are heavily subsidized and it would be impossible to make a lunch as cheaply. Having said that, since switching I'm far more interested in my lunch and eat more 'good' things
- What attracted you ? That food in a packed lunch could look so appetizing - it's a far cry from the lunches my mum used to pack me when I was in school
ScottishJill

Postby ojami » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:11 pm

My son does for taking his lunch to school.

A cute small picture can draw your eye to the box. Sometimes I pick up a small object like the monkey mayo containers, if I'll use them. Not just because it's cute. It's hard to find small Japanese containers that aren't cute.

Yes, my kids and I are drawn to interesting bento boxes. It's not always a design on the box, it can be the way the box is shaped or what it's made of too.

I wanted a way for my kids to take healthy lunches that were portioned well for them and that wouldn't get smashed.

- What attracted you ?
I really like Japan and learned about bento on the Lunch in a Box and Just Bento blogs.
Shop and blog: http://ojami.etsy.com and http://ojamiya.com
ojami

• Website

Postby smoke » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:01 pm

I try to. I don't use the bento box when we're not going anywhere.

I've been shying away from actual decorations. My man doesn't need non-edible decoration, and making decoration out of food seems wasteful most days.

I work more on balancing tastes, then balancing colors. Some days I struggle just with position.

It seemed like the cool thing to do.

- What attracted you ?
I was seeing bentos on Deviantart, then on Foodgawker. It looked neat. Then there were the sites that touted the benefits of using one for weight control.
smoke

Postby elenacala » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:38 pm

I make one for my husband 5 days a week, I don't make oen for myself everyday even though I should.

I am not really interested in small objects at least for the purpose of decorating. I use sauce containers if a food needs the sauce, although some of my onigiri molds are in decorative shapes, and sometimes i use a shaped food cutter to cut cheese slices or meat, fruits and veggies and somtimes sandwhiches.

I love decorative or cute bento boxes, I like collecting various shapes colors and designs of the boxes. The different box designs at least as far as shape go are versitile for different kinds of foods and they make me look forward to my lunches. I do get the hubby less cute boxes though.

There are several reasons, the boxes are sealed and don't leak the way that gladware does, and its less expensive over time to buy a bento box than it is to purchase baggies and paper bags not to mention more eco friendly. I also find I pack healthier lunches and more ofa variety of foods and colors when I use bento and its instant portion control.
- What attracted you ?

Honestly the bento lunches I saw online were jsut so atractive, they were cute but they also looked so delioucious and I wanted to look forward to that everyday.
elenacala

Postby Kiana » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:09 pm

Do you use your bento box every day ?
No, but I used to and will return to making bentos everyday!

Are you interested in small objects around (pic decoration, etc ...) ?
Yes I love to decorate my bentos, make them look appealing. I'm just starting or trying at least different methods on beautifying the bentos whether it be for my son or for myself!

Are you very interesting about the design of your bento ?
Sometimes, depending on the day or mood.

Why did you start using Bentobox ?
At first it was a very interesting concept, but after doing more browsing I learned the benefits of packing a bento, 1- portion controll 2- waste-free lunches 3- meal personalization, 4- all the cute stuff I get to use, and last but not least being able to cook more!

What attracted you ?
Same answer as why I started!

So far I've lost a good amount of weight, and my kids love it when they get a bento! All in all it's the best life changing descision I've made!!!!
:mrgreen:
Making bentos and lovin it!
Kiana

Next

Return to General Lunch Discussion