paying $10-20 for bento recipes

Post info about other contests, events, drawings and giveaways

paying $10-20 for bento recipes

Postby Mr T » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:09 pm

Hi guys. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I figured it's kind of like a contest.

I'm looking for some help putting together a pamphlet of bento recipes to hand out at a local preschool in my area, and I might put them up on a website later. I'm willing to pay $10-20 per recipe (sent via PayPal or I can mail a check) for the rights to use them, so they can't just be ripped off of some other website. Any kind of bento is fine, including kyaraben (character bento), but using American food that is easily accessible in any grocery store is a plus. They also have to be in Japanese style bento boxes (any shape, size, number of levels is fine, but no laptop lunches). You will also need your own digital camera to take pictures.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions. If you are interested, PM me and we can discuss it over Skype/MSN(I guess its Windows Live now :P ).
Our Flickr photostream
Mr T

Re: paying $10-20 for bento recipes

Postby Biggie » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:06 pm

Hi Mr. T, thanks for posting. This sort of announcement is just fine for this section -- no worries!
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (9)
Biggie
Site Admin

Postby veganf » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:38 am

Is this for parents to use in a U.S. preschool? That's the main focus of my bento cooking right now, so I'm just curious.
mama to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1), all born at home. Kids vegan bento lunches: http://disposableaardvarksinc.blogspot.com/
veganf

• Website

Postby Mr T » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:33 am

veganf wrote:Is this for parents to use in a U.S. preschool? That's the main focus of my bento cooking right now, so I'm just curious.

Yes, that's correct. I'm trying to educate "non-cultured" parents on what you can do with a bento box. Most Japanese recipes call for nori/fish paste/etc...stuff that even the parents would rather not eat. I would also like to put together a list of "adult" recipes. There's tons of things we can do with American food, we just have to be creative ;)

If you're interested, I would love to discuss ideas. Just send me a PM.
Our Flickr photostream
Mr T

Postby Savannah&TarazMom » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:44 am

Are you wanting "pretty" or mostly just practical. I am happy to share things that I do for my daughter's lunch (5 years old). But, I focus on speed and practicality. The only things traditionally "bento" about them is the box. :D
Savannah&TarazMom

Postby Mr T » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:37 pm

Savannah&TarazMom wrote:Are you wanting "pretty" or mostly just practical. I am happy to share things that I do for my daughter's lunch (5 years old). But, I focus on speed and practicality. The only things traditionally "bento" about them is the box. :D

Practical is perfect!! :D Exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for! Do you have any pictures or examples of the kind of stuff you are making?
Our Flickr photostream
Mr T

Postby Savannah&TarazMom » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:22 am

I will make sure to take pictures tomorrow and next week.

A typical lunch for her is:

deli ham cut into strips or rolled up
wheat thins or other crackers
red bell pepper strips
strawberries
a small treat (her current favorite is a few mini marshmallows).
juice or a drinkable yogart
Savannah&TarazMom

Postby PikaMama » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:53 pm

The things I send with my son are usually pretty basic and easy to find, sandwiches and things that are made "fancy" and he says using cookie cutters or food coloring markers. You can see my typical lunches at http://bentomama.livejournal.com

I'm not sure if that is the sort of thing you are looking for or not :D
PikaMama

• Website

Return to Other Contests, Events & Giveaways