to swap or not to swap!

List items you'd like to swap free of charge, and work out details via Private Message

to swap or not to swap!

Postby genhand » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:26 am

I'm new to bento (well since last fall actually) and I would like to swap but I've never done it before. I was wondering about your experience and how it works in general...
Thanks a lot
gen :)
genhand

Re: to swap or not to swap!

Postby PikaMama » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:29 pm

I wish I had some advice for you, I will be interested to see what people say. I've never participated in a swap myself since I have little to no good bento things where I live and wouldn't want my partner to end up dissapointed :D
PikaMama

• Website

Postby chameleon089 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:41 am

I'm part of the bento swap group on Flickr. It's a really active, fun group with monthly swaps, and plenty of opportunity for private swaps as well. I don't live in a particularly bento rich area, but I manage to find enough to swap each month. Everybody in the group is generous and concerned about sending things that their partners want and need. Flakers and bad swappers don't last long, and the admins do everything they can to take care of any problems. If you want to join, or take a look and see if you're interested, just open up a Flickr account and post pics of your bentos and your bento collection. That'll make it more likely for experienced swappers to take you under their wing for a private swap as well.
chameleon089

Postby arkonitebabe » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:22 pm

I'm a member on the flickr group too, they are all a very friendly bunch. Even I who lives in the sticks managed to find enough bits and bobs for a swap ^-^
Cute picks, silicon cups, small bits and bobs can all be offered or if you really are in a bento drought area, try offering to swap for local goodies, as I did. ;)
arkonitebabe

Return to Swap