Page 3 of 3

Re: Bento of the Month Contest Poll: My Valentine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:33 pm
by Biggie
Thanks everyone for such a lively conversation and broad variety of opinions! Let's let this month's contest play out the way it is, with people voting however they like, for whatever reason they like. The moderators and I are keeping a close eye on things, and will discuss how future Bento of the Month Contests should be decided accordingly.

I'm going to lock this thread so that things can end on a pleasant note, and will open a separate thread after the conclusion of this month's contest so that the whole board community can discuss how they think future contests should be judged.

Smiles, folks! :D :D :D

Re: Bento of the Month Contest Poll: My Valentine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:42 pm
by Biggie
Okay, so evidently if I lock the thread, no one else can vote in the poll. So I unlocked it again. :roll:

Hey, it's a learning curve for me! Happy voting.

Re: Bento of the Month Contest Poll: My Valentine (login to vote

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:41 pm
by QChan
And laura bento, yes you definetley can donate a prize for next months contest.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:51 am
by Otoro
Wait a min... This isn't fair for people who never won a bento contest.
LauraBento, you recently won the Otoro's Valentine Day contest with the same bento.
Eh... Never mind I'm not going to get into this.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:11 am
by Laura Bento
Otoro wrote:Wait a min... This isn't fair for people who never won a bento contest.
LauraBento, you recently won the Otoro's Valentine Day contest with the same bento.
Eh... Never mind I'm not going to get into this.

Both valentine's contests were running at the same time so I submitted the same bento to both contests at the same time, I didn't know that I was going to win.

And there is no rule saying that you can't submit the same bento to different contests. I have seen others do it before.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:10 am
by Biggie
You're correct, Laura Bento. There is no rule saying that you can't submit the same bento to different contests; you're fine for this month's contest.

Let's hold off on further discussion of contest rules in this thread, please. Once this poll closes on Tuesday, March 3rd, I'll start a separate thread in the Tech Support section where I'll lay out what the moderators and I have come up with for voting on future contests, and throw it open to the board for discussion. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:28 pm
by Pirika
Thank you everyone who voted for me. It was really encouraging!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:27 pm
by QChan
Congratulations Laura bento. I will send you a PM about the prize.