Bento of the Month Contest: My Valentine (2/09)

Post your bento for the monthly theme, and come back to vote in the poll to decide on the best! Winners receive a bento-related prize.

Re: Bento of the Month Contest: My Valentine (2/09)

Postby DaemonNoire » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:40 pm

On the left, a happy heart kitty. Pink rice, a carrot mouth and ears, red hots for eyes, and a tail made of cinnamon Twizzler. The letters are carrot, the hearts are Sweet Tarts, with broccoli framing the kitty. All on a bed of celery to lift the whole thing up.

On the right, two little muffin mice. They're mixed berry heart shaped muffins with cinnamon Twizzler tails, rhubarb whiskers, and red hot noses stuck on with small dabs of icing. The hand is goat cheese cut to show "I Love You" in sign language, with a backdrop of Dove dark chocolate hearts. More Sweet Tarts for a little extra color, and lettuce to frame the whole thing up.
DaemonNoire

Postby ChrissiHR » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:41 pm

My 6 year old's Speed Valentine Bento: whole wheat organic PB and fruit spread Flat-Out Wraps w/ green grapes, apple chunks, apple hearts, honey for dipping w/ two pink ring food picks.

ChrissiHR

Postby QChan » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:06 pm

Hey everyone, just a reminder that this bento of the month will be closing on monday!

QChan

Postby sanriofreak » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:14 pm

I'm just wanted to say that I love everyone's creative Valentine's bento boxes! :) Good job!
sanriofreak

Postby Amthezia » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:21 am

*oww i'm so exited* hihihi!! I want to vote :D I figured out who's I love best!
Playing with your food is FUN - http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... ry_state0= (then you have the automatic translated page (by google ;) )
Amthezia

Postby Pirika » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:45 am

Ok I have one!
I made this the day before Valentine's day but didn't take photos off my camera until this weekend.

Kissing egg chicks over a carrot nest with their (quail) egg. Mr. Chick has broccoli flowers for Mrs. Chick and a strawberry crest. Mrs. Chick has a bologna heart. A pink beet juice dyed heart rises from above their kiss in a bologna starry sky. Their nest rests in a tree of heart shaped berries.

The egg chicks were inspired by something I found online. This is my first time doing anything nearly this cute and I think I'm hooked!
Thanks for all the great entries, everyone!
Pirika

Postby Biggie » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:18 pm

I made a Valentine's bento for my son that I wanted to share for fun, but please do not count this as an actual contest entry (wouldn't be fair as this is my site). Just FYI! The full blog entry gives a full description of the contents, gear, packing info, etc. It contains Heart-shaped onigiri rice balls filled with Gohan Desu Yo! seasoned seaweed paste (colored with red or green hana-ebi shrimp powder, decorated with nori seaweed and mamenori soy wrappers), blueberries, steamed zucchini with Korean barbecue sauce, and chicken from a homemade Indian curry (lal shorve vala murgh).

Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (9)

Biggie
Site Admin

Postby QChan » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:13 pm

Alright we are officially closed to entries! I will have the poll up in a few hours(I have to start cooking dinner first)

QChan

Postby jewelmaker » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:03 pm

Wow! I just have to say what a great turn out for this contest! You all out did yourselves :D. It's so fun to see so many great bentos. Inspiring!
Thanks Qchan and Biggie for hosting this!
jewelmaker

Previous

Return to Bento of the Month Contest