Newcomer from Brussels/Belgium

Who are you? Introduce yourself!

Newcomer from Brussels/Belgium

Postby Pink_papillon » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:02 am

Goodmorning everyone!

I am 28 years old, I live in brussels with my partner (I should say husband since few months :lol: ).
I like fashion mode, art nail, cooking, asia and all kawaii things.

I recently discovered blogs talking about bento and as I just took the decision to boycott the canteen of my work place (because not healthy at all) I was looking for a place to share ideas and here I am!

I can not wait to read all your posts.
Pink_papillon

Re: Newcomer from Brussels/Belgium

Postby Biggie » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:48 am

Hi pink_papillon, and welcome to the board! Congratulations on your recent wedding; you must still be dazed and happy as a newlywed! :D :lol:

I visited Brussels when I was living in Japan and had (not surprisingly) so many fantastic versions of mussels & fries. I never would have thought of flavoring steamed mussels (or fried potatoes) with curry sauce before that trip; now it seems normal somehow.

I support your decision to bring your own food so that you can eat healthily; I think you're in the right place to get all kinds of questions answered! Please feel free to post with any questions you have, and I hope to see more of you here on the forum!
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (9)
Biggie
Site Admin

Postby Pink_papillon » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:29 am

Hi Biggie,

Thanks for your warm welcome! I hope I can bring some valuable experience to our bento fans and also benefit from their/yours.

And to all, as I am not a native english speaking feel free to correct any english mistakes I could make. I hope you will not mind too much as I really want to participate in this forum.
Pink_papillon

Postby Pink_papillon » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:49 am

I forgot to say that for the moment I don't have bentobako :cry:
I use Tupperware plastic boxes until they arrive :P

So don't be too surprised if you see my Tupperware boxes on the pic ... still for a while.
Pink_papillon

Postby hippie_mama » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:15 am

Nothing wrong with "alternative" containers, lol. My husband actually prefers his Lock and Lock; he says the food looks better all on one level rather than the two-tier containers. Also they hold more. ;)

Don't worry about the English; so long as you get the idea out there, it's all good. It's better than my French: i can't speak a single word of French. :lol:
RPGaming
hippie_mama

• Website

Postby Pink_papillon » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:26 am

Hello hippie_mama,

Thank you for your message. That's good to hear that you will excuse my english :D And again don't hesitate to correct me.

I have just ordered my first gears on ebay, I can not wait but I fear it will take a while before it arrives ...
Pink_papillon

Return to Self Introductions