Variations on a Quesadilla?

Talk about all kinds of cooking

Variations on a Quesadilla?

Postby gfbentomom » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:01 am

I am looking for some new ideas and hoping you all could share what combos of ingredients you put in your quesadillas.

Our standby is ham or chicken(leftover roasted or canned) and cheese-usually combo of monterey jack and colby.

Used to put frozen corn or canned black beans in from time to time but those are out now due to allergies.
Come visit me at Flickr for bentos that are always gluten-free for mom and kiddo, sometimes casein-free and now always lowcarb for mom.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21012380@N08/
gfbentomom

Re: Variations on a Quesadilla?

Postby elenacala » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:01 pm

what about roasted pablano peppers, or just use those mild green chilies that come in a can with soem chicken if you like or soem GF tomatillo sauce to dip it in. you could also put shredded steak or pork in it for a little variation. Waht about making like a BBQ chicken quesadilla with a small amount of BBQ sauce spread on the tortillas then jsut add cheese cilantro maybe some red onion and chicken. I bet you could even make quesadillas with pizza toppings, not exactly the same but most people like the combinations of toppings. also something else you can do wiht tortillas if you wanted to kind of run with the theme is to spray them lightly with cooking spray or oil and sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar and cut them into triangles with a pizza cutter and thne bake them for about 8 minutes they should get crispy and then serve them with fruit salad. hope some this helps.
elenacala

Re: Variations on a Quesadilla?

Postby gfbentomom » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:06 am

Thank you. I think we're going to give the BBQ chicken idea a try!
Come visit me at Flickr for bentos that are always gluten-free for mom and kiddo, sometimes casein-free and now always lowcarb for mom.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21012380@N08/
gfbentomom

Return to General Cooking Discussion