Question on Eggs

Talk about all kinds of cooking

Question on Eggs

Postby cutiepiekam » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:46 am

Ok so, heres the problem. And yes i've used search engines and such but i need more of information from those that have been packing bentos for a while now. Or maybe just a lucky beginer that has stumbled on the question and answer. Now, about those eggs. Whenever I need something yellow in color I allways hesitate to add cooked egg in any way shape or form. Why? Well, by the time I get around to opening my obento to eat, and i do open it, i get this very strong smell of egg. So my entire obento smells of egg and let me tell you, that much egg is not pleasnt. Now I am a very young packer, probably one of the youngest reading and posting on this site (I am in middle school if you'll believe it). So I am still at the moderate packing stage. Any helpful answers will be much appreciated. And as allways, Happy Packing . :)
cutiepiekam

Re: Question on Eggs

Postby Biggie » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:49 pm

I think you may be getting the strong egg smell because of the temperature of the bento. Maybe try making sure everything is room temperature or cooler when you pack, and using an ice pack in the bag you carry it in?
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (9)
Biggie
Site Admin

Return to General Cooking Discussion