Page 7 of 7

Re: No Official Weight-Loss Thread?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:37 pm
by Biggie
hippie_mama wrote:3 more lbs down. I'm all busy and stressed lately--maybe that's my weight-loss secret, lol.

The stress diet is an unfortunately effective one! I like the end results but not the process...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:50 pm
by MommaSith
Biggie wrote:
hippie_mama wrote:3 more lbs down. I'm all busy and stressed lately--maybe that's my weight-loss secret, lol.

The stress diet is an unfortunately effective one! I like the end results but not the process...

Ugh, mine is the opposite! The only really successful "diet" I've had is pregnancy, but that's not really something sustainable :P
(It was also not fun, being that sick all the time... :lol: )

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:57 pm
by myremi
Stress makes me worst. :( I tend to eat more and I kinda let it loose in August too much because of work.

So much that I had a recurrence of an old herniated disc L5/S1 that I ended up resting the back for 2 weeks flat on the bed. Physio didn't quite work and I now going to see a lady who is trained in back rehabilitation (CHEK Practiciner). My 1st session was an evaluation session and she taught me 3 moves to help relieve the pressure on the back that amazingly worked so well. Having another evaluation session next week for posture and range of movement. Then also to get some help with weight loss management in the long-term as well as overhaul my fitness regime.

As for weight loss, it's been a yo-yo period even in August. But since the 2 weeks at home, I've gone back to normal and total lost is 21 kg. Now it's the remaining 27 kg that is going to be tough.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:04 am
by myremi
Hi ladies,

Wanted to give a little update. It's been about 10 months since I started on my weight loss program and that I started packed lunches and bentos.

I found some photos of me in Feb 2009 when I was really big and yesterday, put together of montage. I still do bentos for lunch and now it's just trying to find the timing to include light gym activities while I'm still doing my back corrective back exercises.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:24 am
by hippie_mama
Wow, you look great!

Unfortunately, i gained 10 lbs over the last couple of months; too many holiday/family events, plus being out-and-about Christmas shopping and running errands, for me, means eating out more and picking up my old soda habit. I feel terrible! But at least i know where my mistakes are, and if i ever find the motivation, i'll correct them again!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:23 pm
by myremi
My weighing scale is my motivator atm.

If it shows an increase after a bad day, it makes me think twice before eating again!