No Official Weight-Loss Thread?

Weight loss, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, food allergies, etc.

Re: No Official Weight-Loss Thread?

Postby MommaSith » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:36 am

Honestly, part of the reason I'm excited is that DH hasn't lost any yet... (I k now that sounds mean, but the last time we did a weight loss thing together, he lost a LOT of weight, and I barely lost any, the whole time... he owes me! :lol: ) I wasn't expecting it to be that fast to start with, so I think I'll be okay with it slowing down. We also haven't started our exercise plan yet, this has just been from diet changes. We have Wii Fit, and we got the EA Active program as well, but we have to get the living room straightened out so we have room to use it. (When it feels like 110F out, I'm not doing much outside activity :shock: )
MommaSith

Postby cajcaj » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:46 am

Congratulations Kiana and MommaSith on your success! Great job - you inspire me to keep on trying. Thanks for sharing your victory!
cajcaj

Postby Kiana » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:03 am

Thank you! and to make things better for me i just got a new job so im pretty confident that i will lose my weight fast because i will be on my feet the entire time at work (in a medical office). Finally things are falling into place for me :mrgreen:

Mommasith- congradulations on losing those extra lbs.

Yay us!

Did i ever mention how much i love this thread! it's the most supportive thread yet! ;)
Making bentos and lovin it!
Kiana

Postby Caldercup » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:10 pm

myremi wrote:Now ladies, remember, the first 10 lbs is easy. If you don't see a fast drop during the next one, relax a bit. Maybe need to relook the diet or your exercise schedule.

And also remember, that the "slow and steady" route is usually the one that works in the long run and means you'll be able to keep it off for years and years.
Eileen
Cooking for a Type 1 diabetic, gluten-free, teenage boy.
Thank goodness he thinks bento is fun!

See my ramblings at: http://www.thesublurbs.com
Caldercup

Postby myremi » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:32 am

End of the month and stepped on the scale. Drop to 90 kg from 95 kg.

Gawd, it's a long journey. And hasn't stop yet. Sighed. I have a UK size 16 party dress to squeeze myself into.
myremi

Postby cajcaj » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:32 am

Hey, myremi, at least that scale is going down instead of up! Yaay!! Good for you!! You will look fantastic in your dress!
cajcaj

Postby Biggie » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:08 am

I'm so excited by everyone's progress -- way to go, ladies! I've hit a plateau for the time being, where I'm not actively dieting but not gaining weight back either. Got to get back with the program and my LoseIt! app on the iPhone to drop that last bit...
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (9)
Biggie
Site Admin

Postby myremi » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:29 am

Hi ladies! How's everything doing?

Just wanting to check in and see if everyone is ok. I know I tend to hog the thread abit so hopefully it doesn't put too much pressure on people.

Secret : I fell off the bandwagon once a week and ate a lot of carbs and deep fried stuff. But it's like 1-2 times a week and backon track with weight loss. >.>
myremi

Postby hippie_mama » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:36 am

I haven't been feeling great mentally, so i haven't been eating right or weighing (i was pretty terrified to step on the scale the last couple of weeks). But i did it this morning, and have actually dropped about 2 lbs. So yay? lol. Frustrating though, because maybe i missed some big window that i would have lost a lot, had i been trying. I don't know. Just so busy with summer stuff, i loose my mind and don't know how to deal, so i tend to undo everything i worked for.

btw, i HATE summer clothes LOL! I want to cover all my chubby bits and still stay cool. :lol:
RPGaming
hippie_mama

• Website

Postby hippie_mama » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:32 pm

3 more lbs down. I'm all busy and stressed lately--maybe that's my weight-loss secret, lol.
RPGaming
hippie_mama

• Website

PreviousNext

Return to Special Diets