Mini Cornish Pasty

Post your recipes for dishes good in bentos & packed lunches

Mini Cornish Pasty

Postby NoelFigart » Thu May 07, 2009 3:38 pm

I made some mini Cornish Pasties today and they turned out pretty well. Thing is, this makes about thirty of them, so are great for a bento stash.

3 packages of Pilsbury biscuits
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 c. chopped potato
1/2 c. chopped carrots
1/2 medium onion
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Brown hamburger with beef, potato, carrots and onion with some salt and pepper.

Flatten out a piece of dough until it's about 3" in diameter and put a tablespoon of cooked mixture in the middle. Fold biscuit in half and seal.

Bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown.

They freeze great.
For bento stuff http://noelfigart.com/blog/category/bento/
NoelFigart

• Website
  • YIM

Re: Mini Cornish Pasty

Postby Feistyredhead » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:59 pm

Oh my gosh! my mother introduced me to these via a Pasty restaurant here in Tempe and they are delicious!

Thank you for the recipie
Proude Padre Mom to #20 aka The Bottomless Pit or BP-16
Avid Foodie, Music Junkie, and Techno-Geek
Rabid Football Fan- Go Browns & Buckeyes!
Feistyredhead

• Website

Postby smoke » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:41 pm

Yum. Sounds so easy and yet so good. And so open to variations. I'm pretty good at pie crusts and "from scratch" biscuts. You could also use a few vegetable combinations. (I'd add a bit of tomato.)

I think a shepherd's pie is mashed potatoes instead of biscut for the crust.
smoke

Postby NoelFigart » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:47 pm

Actually, I have made mini shepherd's pies in foil muffin cups. Just put a little browned hamburger in the bottom of the cup, add some carrots and/or corn (really any veggies will do), and smooth over the top with mashed potato. Bake it and you're good to go. They freeze okay, so I'll make up a muffin tin of them for my stash sometimes.
For bento stuff http://noelfigart.com/blog/category/bento/
NoelFigart

• Website
  • YIM

Postby Pangolin » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:48 pm

I tried this on Monday night. I made more than the recipe calls for, but I rolled out the biscuits bigger so that they held more filling. I poured in some beef broth/bullion to cook in while the meat and veggies were cooking. I also threw in a little garlic. For the biscuits I ended up using Pillsbury Flaky Biscuits...mmm.....

These came out really well. My husband was beyond thrilled. I think he had four for dinner last night. I even tried freezing a few, and they microwaved just fine.

I may try the mini shepard's pies too...that sounds like something hubs would like.

Hubs made meatloaf the other day, but he decided it's always too much for him to finish, so I'm going to get him a mini loaf pan to make them in so he can freeze the extras and keep them for bento emergencies!
Pangolin

• Website

Return to Recipes