Page 1 of 1

Ginger Beef Stirfry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:06 am
by Pangolin
Ingredients:
1 lb 2oz/500g beef fillet - cut into 1-inch/2.5cm cubes (we used sirloin steak..mmm)
2 tsp peanut oil (we ended up using EVOO)
2 garlic cloves - crushed
2 tbsp grated fresh gingerroot
Pinch of chile flakes (we ended up using red pepper)
2 yellow bell peppers - sliced thinly (we've switched up the yellow pepers with red ones, or used both for more color)
4.5oz/125g baby corn (we used the jarred pickled ones)
6oz/175g snow peas (we used sugar snap peas because I like them better!)
hot noodles drizzled with sesame oil, to serve (we've used regular white rice, or sushi rice instead of noodles, sans oil)
(we added carrots)

Marinade: (I've made three times this amount to allow for a little more "sauce" when finished)
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp peanut oil (used EVOO here again)
1.5tsp superfine sugar
1 tsp cornstarch

Method:
1. To make the marinade, mix the soy sauce, peanut oil, sugar, and cornstarch in a bowl. Stir in the beef cubes, then cover with plastic wrap and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes. (I've actually done this the night before and let it sit 24 hours.)

2.Heat the peanut oil (EVOO) in a skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the garlic, gingerroot, and chile flakes and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the bell peppers, baby corn, (carrots) and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the snow peas (snap peas) and cook for another minute.

3. Remove the vegetables from the skillet. Put the beef cubes and marinade into the skillet and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until cooked to taste. Return the vegetables to the skillet, mix well, and cook until all the ingredients are heated through. Remove from the heat and serve over noodles.

Re: Ginger Beef Stirfry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:23 pm
by photogrl13
That sounds fabulous. I'm going to have to try it!