Page 2 of 2

Re: What did you pack your kids today? 2010-2011

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:08 am
by Liza
Hi there

Today we went with some bean burritos that Ryan made himself last night. Salsa to dip, of course... A piece of banana and some grape tomatoes on the side, along with leftover green beans and cheesy potatoes. And a bit of candy corn for a sweet treat. :) To decorate it up a bit, I cut out pieces of pumpkin-shaped and leaf-shaped colby jack cheese, and decorated them with edible markers. :)

You can see the picture of the final product here: http://bentofun.blogspot.com [NOTE: Edited to remove dead link]

Liza
http://bentofun.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:54 am
by gfbentomom
Kiddo's off to a day of fishing with a Japanese friend on this day off from school, so a real bento is in order and gladly welcomed!

Today's menu:
Onigiri, sliced hot dogs sauteed w/ a splash of catsup, steamed broccoli, cheese cubes and kabocha squash with bacon to finish up the main box. Persimmon and M+Ms for snack/treat and a 100% juice fruit punch pouch, frozen.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:47 am
by Pangolin
With all the bento-gifts I'm sure everyone got for the holidays, and all the kiddos going back to school next week, there should be all kinds of new, fresh ideas for packing school lunches. Anyone packing for thier kids, or kids packing lunches for themselves, please let us know at least what your packing, and photos are always welcome!

We all get ideas from each other - which definitely helps when you are in a rut of packing the same things everyday. So, come on and help us all out with ideas!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:40 am
by gfbentomom
I packed a proper bento for my kiddo last night for an evening soccer practice! First time in quite a while. I pack lunches everyday but not often bento style these days. So, this one was Japanese style because kiddo LOVES it. It's a special treat.

Contents:
Inari sushi
sliced wieners
chikkuwa cheese
edamame
orange wedges

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:22 am
by Pangolin
Sounds great! Just reading what you put in it is making me hungry!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:21 pm
by Sanderela
Hi All!
We got a new planet box for the holidays (which was a BIG hit at school....too big b/c DS said too many people...including lunch ladies...were touching his food).
Today was a small mario box. Had nachos/melted cheese, cucumber slices, grapes with an orange flower on top, and a small chocolate coin side of some yoplait yogurt.

Tomorrow is ham rolls, baby pickles, asaigo cheese bread slices, a frango mint, vanilla yogurt with frozen very berry fruit in the planet box.

DS could eat just about the same thing every day....he is a very limited decreased texture tolerating boy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:26 am
by gfbentomom
Welcome Sanderela.

Glad you jumped in and shared! It's nice to "see a new face" here.

That's great that your kiddo's lunch was a hit!

In the past my kiddo was quite happy with his few old standbys that he loved, even though he is open to variety. However, I got bored making the same old same old. LOL! and kept trying to mix it up. Now, with him in middle school, I truely have to stick with certain fare and channel my creative energy in other directions. I try and vary the standbys by just one ingredient sometimes though ;). Sneaky variety. I have plans to try out a BBQ chicken version of quesadilla sometime.

My kiddo went off to school with a standard quesadilla today, brown rice tortilla, leftover roasted chicken and colby jack cheese with fruit salad on the side.

Yesterday was a tuna sandwich on brown rice bread with lettuce and the same fruit salad.

Tomorrow will be our broccoli, cheese, ham or chicken rice in a thermos and raisins on the side, with an apple juice drink box.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:50 pm
by gfbentomom
Sent kiddo off to soccer practice this evening with a proper bento for dinner in the car on the way home!

Broiled mackerel, steamed asparagus, monterey jack cheese cubes, and salted salmon and shitake mushroom rice pilaf.

Banana oatmeal cookies and sweet red bean gelatin for dessert and apple juice for drink.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:08 am
by gfbentomom
Another proper bento for dinner after soccer practice:

cut up hot dogs
edamame rice(mixed boiled shelled green soybeans into steamed white rice)
cucumber slices
steamed carrot chunks
raspberries

grape drink pouch
a couple small homemade sugar cookies for dessert