Japanese discount store update
1. Ichiban Kan online store set to open April 1, 2008
Ichiban Kan, a Japanese-style dollar store in the San Francisco Bay Area with cheap bento gear and household stuff, has announced that they will open their online store on April 1, 2008. After all of the delays, fingers crossed that they can meet this deadline. The last I heard is that they don’t plan to ship internationally, but keep up with their latest at Ichiban Kan’s new blog and leave them comments with your feedback. Thanks to reader Sara for passing this along!
2. New Daiso store in Newark, CA
Daiso, a Japanese dollar store with branches internationally, has a new store in Newark (southern East Bay in the San Francisco Bay Area, by Fremont). See the updated SF Bay Area shopping guide to bento gear for a full list of local stores. Thanks to reader Jessica for the heads up!
Daiso has a selection of cheap bento boxes, accessories, antibacterial bento sheets and food cups, decorative aluminum foil, freezer containers, cooking equipment, metal bento boxes, mini microwave steamers, stovetop fish/veggie grills, home products, dishes, hobby gear, children’s toys and books in Japanese, etc.
- SF Bay Area shopping guide to bento gear (UPDATED)
- SF Bay Area guide to ethnic markets
- Daiso opens in Mountain View after delay
- New Daiso stores in the Bay Area (and coupon for lead-free lunch gear)
- Biggie’s list of top speed tips, tutorials and equipment reviews