USB hot lunch bag

Can't find where to buy something specific? List it here.

USB hot lunch bag

Postby Pink_papillon » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:32 am

Hello,

I am seeking for this hype usb hot lunch bag from Thanko http://www.thanko.jp/hot_launchbag/
Do you know a web site that is shipping to Belgium/Europe? Or even better a shop ...

Have you already have some experience with it? What do you think, handy for the office?
(I would like to have my lunch hot a little bit beforehand to be able to go and lunch with my colleagues and not stay 15 min in the queue for the micro-wave)
Pink_papillon

Re: USB hot lunch bag

Postby Biggie » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:56 am

I don't know of a source yet, but I can tell you that the website says it's totally sold out right now.
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (5)
Biggie
Site Admin

Postby Pink_papillon » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:03 am

Oh cool you can also read Japanese!
So it seems to be a success, perhaps it works I am wondering. They say that it takes 2 min to heat up your lunch.
Pink_papillon

Postby monki » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:19 am

That is so cool! I want one too. I work in a theatre, and usually when I get hungry I don't have time to run out to the board room to microwave my food. However, we do keep a computer in the booth... :)
monki

Postby Biggie » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:13 am

I just wrote up this product on the blog, and found that the company expects stock in late February 2009. They've got a U.S. online store to keep an eye on in addition to the usual suspects like eBay and JList. The blog entry also has some more detailed product specs that I translated from the Japanese-language description on Thanko's website.
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (5)
Biggie
Site Admin

Postby Pink_papillon » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:31 pm

I just read your article, and that's a pity that it is not appropriate for laptop computers! I forgot to think about that perhaps for the next upgrade and hope it will arrive to Europe.

Thanks Biggie for your very interesting article, I will now read the one about 'Hot vs. cold lunch packing considerations'.
Pink_papillon

Return to Seeking