Feedback & suggestions

Suggestions, site how-to and troubleshooting

Feedback & suggestions

Postby Biggie » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:49 am

So the forum is now open in test mode; how can we make this a better place? What are your suggestions or problems so far?
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (5)
Biggie
Site Admin

Re: Feedback & suggestions

Postby feistyfoodie » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:39 pm

Loving the positive response so far, I can see this is going to turn into an issue for me with regard to getting work done ;p

Just one teensy question: maybe I'm not seeing it, but most forums I've been on are similar to this, with one little exception: mostly, if a forum has new posts, there's something that alerts me right away, whether it's the forum being bolded or having a little star next to its name... Am I missing what it is here (which is possible, I completely missed this for 2 weeks on another board)? Thanks Biggie for creating this!!!
feistyfoodie

Postby feistyfoodie » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:39 pm

Never mind, as soon as I said that, I think I found it: the little circle text becomes red. Yes? Sorry =X
feistyfoodie

Postby christina » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:09 pm

I'm not terribly technical, can you explain how to embellish a profile and add a pic?

Thanks, Christina
christina

Postby MommaSith » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:46 pm

Up at the top, just undernearth where it says "Board Index", it says "User Control Panel". Click on that link to go to your... you guessed it! Control Panel ;)
There are tabs for editing different things : Overview, Profile, Board Preferences, Private Messages, Usergroups, Friends & Foes. Go to the Profile tab. There are 4 things going down the left side. "Edit Signature" will let you put what you want to show up at the bottom of every post. "Edit Avatar" will let you add the small picture under your username. You can upload a picture from your machine, or from the internet (but only if it's free for use, or the picture belongs to you.)
If you need any more help, just ask! :)
MommaSith

Postby gfbentomom » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:29 pm

I'm so excited to use this board! Thank you for the Special Diet section! :D
Come visit me at Flickr for bentos that are always gluten-free for mom and kiddo, sometimes casein-free and now always lowcarb for mom.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21012380@N08/
gfbentomom

Postby Biggie » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:46 pm

@ Feistyfoodie: Glad you figured that one out! If it wasn't immediately obvious to you, I should probably choose a different set of icon graphics so others can figure it out immediately.

@ MommaSith: Thanks for jumping in and answering christina's question! Thanks for taking on a co-moderator role; you should have full mod powers now.

@ gfbentomom: My pleasure! I figure if there's a lot of traffic in the Special Diet section, eventually we can break it out further into sub-groups (Diabetic, GF, Vegan, etc.).
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (5)
Biggie
Site Admin

Postby christina » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:15 am

Thanks so much!
christina

Postby veganf » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:48 am

Everything looks awesome so far!

I'm having trouble loading my avatar...even when I take a pic from my oooold camera, resize it as small as I can, then reload that to Photobucket as small as it will allow, I still get a message that it exceeds the allowed size. :?: I'm not good at this stuff. Suggestions?
mama to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1), all born at home. Kids vegan bento lunches: http://disposableaardvarksinc.blogspot.com/
veganf

Postby MommaSith » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:01 am

For an avatar picture, you shouldn't have to put it on photobucket first, you should be able to load it from your machine directly. If it's still too big, you could email it to me (calalene at gmail dot com) and I can take a look at it.
MommaSith

Next

Return to Technical Support