I'll just say hello too.

Who are you? Introduce yourself!

I'll just say hello too.

Postby QChan » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:50 pm

Hello.

I am QChan, don't ask where I got the username I've been using it for about 13 years now.

I'm super excited about this forum, most other forums about bentos on the net are kinda slow and dead.

Uhm a little bit about me, I'm from Canada, I lived in japan 4 years ago for a year of high school, I love Japanese culture and food, and hope to go back one day to study a little bit.

I'm an aspiring pastry chef, I'm just trying to go to school to get a fancy certificate so I can go and work as one for real(I'm trying to get into school this upcoming fall)

Uhm, I'm sure that's enough for now.

I will see you all on the forum.
QChan

Re: I'll just say hello too.

Postby veganf » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Good luck! What schools are you considering?
mama to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1), all born at home. Kids vegan bento lunches: http://disposableaardvarksinc.blogspot.com/
veganf

Postby QChan » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:51 pm

I want to go to Nait, my other option is Sait, but I really don't want to live in Calgary. They are the schools to go to for culinary arts in Canada.

(Just in case you don't know Nait is in Edmonton, Alberta. Sait is obviously in Calgary)
QChan

Postby Biggie » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:44 am

Hi QChan, and welcome! Where in Japan did you live? Good luck to you getting into culinary school!

Thanks also for volunteering to help out with the forum; things are starting to get hopping around here. :D
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (9)
Biggie
Site Admin

Postby QChan » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:06 am

I lived in Kyoto.

And no worries, I'm just here to help.
QChan

Postby Biggie » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:56 am

Oh hey, small world. I lived in Uji for a bit when I first moved to Japan (with my conversation partner's family), then moved to Osaka when I got an apartment/job. I hung out in Kyoto quite a bit my first few years in Japan -- totally doable by train from Osaka on weekends.
Lunch in a Box, speedy bento lunches (my profile's here)
Fluent in Japanese, mom to "Bug" (9)
Biggie
Site Admin

Postby Riss » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:27 pm

Hi Q!
First off, YAY CANADA. I have a few Canadian friends so...yay for more Canadians! I've never been but...I hope to visit Canada soon! At least the prairie so I can make cliche jokes about how flat it is and and it's purple mountains majestic that aren't actually there.

Cool for pastry! What kind of pastry stuff is your favorite to make? :D

See you around!
Riss

Postby QChan » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:43 pm

Yeah my friends and I used to go to Osaka on the weekends to go to the arcades down town. It was pretty neat. The train system is crazy there compared to Kyoto. My apartment was like an hour away from USJ by the slow hankyu train.

And Riss I live pretty close to the prairies, If you go to Saskatchewan you'll see that all the cliche jokes are true, it's kinda scary actually....
QChan

Return to Self Introductions