Dukbokki/Spicy Korean rice cake

Talk about all kinds of cooking

Dukbokki/Spicy Korean rice cake

Postby PixelxBento » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:52 pm

I recently had a craving for some dukbokki. So I made quite a big batch. Maybe a little too much.
Image (Not my image.)
The dukbokki was made from this same instant frozen package used on this website, http://eileent.com/eat/instant-dukbokki ... rice-cake/
The only thing I changed was adding more Korean spicy paste, onion and fish cake.

I have no idea what to do with the leftovers. I don't even know how long he dukbokki will stay fresh.
I don't know if i can keep in the fridge for bento tomorrow, If i can freeze it, or how to defrost or re-heat.

If anyone knows anything, please let me know. I would hate to throw this away if I don't need to. :(

Thanks in advance!
PixelxBento

Re: Dukbokki/Spicy Korean rice cake

Postby Pangolin » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:04 am

Since it is cooked, I'd say it could last in the fridge at least a couple of days. You could try freezing it and then just thaw and reheat - you might have to play with reheat power and times so you don't mess with the texture too much, but I would say a couple tries and you could figure out the best way to reheat it. (Let us know if you try it, how it comes out!)

It looks interesting - I've never seen this before. I'll have to see which of our Asian groceries carry it and try it out. (Although I think Hubs would like the spicy, I doubt he'd try anything that was made with anything called "fish cake"! ;) )
Pangolin

Return to General Cooking Discussion