Why do you pack bento-style lunches, or why do you want to?
I gradually got into bento lunches through a series of coincidences that I wrote about in my profile. I lived in Japan for almost a decade, but didn’t pack bentos often until my husband was misdiagnosed with celiac disease, a food intolerance that all but ruled out restaurant meals. Bento-style packing appealed to me as a way to help my husband eat well despite health restrictions.
After the doctors figured out that my husband didn’t actually have celiac disease, I drifted back into the bento habit because of my toddler son: one small bento box took up a lot less room in my diaper bag than four or five Tupperware containers. How about you?
Poll voting closes at midnight Pacific on Sunday, January 11, 2009.
- Poll: When do you pack lunch? (poll closed)
- Poll: Who do you pack lunch for? (poll closed)
- All polls on Lunch in a Box
- How to cut your food bills
- Bento FAQ and Biggie’s list of top speed tips, tutorials and reviews