The rice cooker giveaway closed last night at midnight with 934 entries. Thanks to everyone for entering and sharing your excellent rice-related tips, recipes and ideas! They make excellent reading to help break you out of a rice rut.
The lucky winners according to the random.org drawing are Carolyn (comment #712) and Kathy (comment #863). I drew three numbers to have a runner-up (#490) in case I drew one of my own comments, a comment without a rice-related tip, or someone unable to supply a U.S. shipping address. Carolyn will receive the Zojirushi 5.5-cup rice cooker with Induction Heating (US$350 value) and Kathy will receive the Panasonic 5.5-cup rice cooker with fuzzy logic (US$150 value). Congratulations to you both! I’ll be e-mailing you shortly.
- Rice cookers: Not a one-trick pony
- Tip: Use cookie cutters as molds for onigiri rice balls
- Speed bento technique: Making & freezing grilled rice balls (yaki onigiri)
- All Product Reviews on Lunch in a Box
- Bento FAQ and Biggie’s Top Speed Tips