I’ve confirmed that the Daiso store in Mountain View, CA finally opened on Monday, October 8 after a two-week delay. Reader Freecia checked it out and says they have a number of cheap bento boxes (both one-tier and two-tier) available.
Daiso (Mountain View)
550 Showers Ave. #1, Mountain View, CA, 94040 (near El Camino and San Antonio)
Freecia notes: “Location is near Trader Joe’s, in the complex to the right of TJ, before the 24 Hour Fitness. For those who know the complex, a hobby shop used to be in that space. The shopping complex is maze-like and Daiso can’t be seen from the street.”
Daiso has a selection of cheap bento boxes, accessories, antibacterial bento sheets and food cups, freezer containers, cooking equipment, metal bento boxes, mini microwave steamers, stovetop fish/veggie grills, home products, dishes, hobby gear, childrenâ€™s toys and books in Japanese, etc.
- New Daiso stores in Union City and Mountain View, lead-free gear & 20% off coupon
- Daiso opens store in San Jose
- SF Bay Area shopping guide for bento gear
- Ichiban Kan dollar store to open online store in November 2007
- SF Bay Area guide to ethnic markets
- Biggieâ€™s list of top speed tips, tutorials and equipment reviews