One benefit of packing lunch is the money you can save by not eating out. Even US$6 a day can really add up over time — $1,560 per year! I don’t know about you, but I’ve got other things to spend that kind of money on, and my own food is usually better than what’s at lunch places closest to the office.
- Freakin’ Tasty Bento has put together an excellent post Bento for Cheap Bastards, covering equipment and food ideas. Check it out — there are some good ideas here.
- Calculate how much you can save over time by packing a cheap lunch instead of eating out with this lunch savings calculator. It’s eye-opening!
Do you have good frugal lunch tips or links? Let us know in comments!
- Shop/Guide to lunch gear and cookbooks
- Need for speed: A mommyâ€™s lunch manifesto
- Choosing the right size bento box
- How to pack a bento lunch and use â€œgap fillersâ€
- Biggieâ€™s list of top speed tips, tutorials and equipment reviews