With the school season upon us, packed lunches are in the spotlight. It looks like the media is starting to pick up on the bento-style lunch trend.
1. Kids’ bento-style lunches in Texas
The Dallas Morning News ran an article about bento-style lunches for children, with food ideas and shopping resources that readers might find helpful. Pictured is Shannon Carino (and her children), a contributor to the online Bentolunch community on LiveJournal, with a bento blog at bentolunch.blogspot.com. Congratulations on the article, Shannon!
2. The latest gear
The Associated Press also has an article about the latest lunch containers for the back-to-school season, with information on all of the different gear out there: food jars, lunch boxes, insulated lunch bags, thermal lunch jars, bento boxes, Laptop Lunchboxes — you name it. Have a look.
3. Bento in general
Texas newspaper The Monitor tells us about bento lunches in this article quoting Kim McFarland of My Lunch Can Beat Up Your Lunch! blog fame (and co-moderator of the Bentolunch community on LiveJournal). Way to go!
- Need for speed: A mommy’s lunch manifesto
- Food safety for packed lunches
- How to pack a bento lunch and use “gap fillers”
- Choosing the right size bento box
- Biggieâ€™s list of top speed tips, tutorials and equipment reviews