I’ve finally created my own website, and have moved the content of my old LiveJournal blog here. This move will help me present information in a more organized fashion, helping you all find what you’re looking for. Highlights include:
- Top Speed Tips page with an organized overview of my top speed bento tips (not just the ones in the LJ sidebar)
- Search box in the upper right hand corner
- Sub-categories that sort entries by container type, dietary type, post type and main ingredient
- Easier ways for non-LJ users to subscribe to my RSS feed and bookmark the site
- Expandable archives for an at-a-glance view of past posts
- Ability of all users to add their website info in the comments without needing to create an account on LJ or WordPress
- The shopping page with links to multiple stores with lunch packing gear and my opinionated shopping guide
This is a work in progress, though. I’m still working on:
- Comments formatting. One thing I like about the LiveJournal platform is the community-like feel of the threaded comments with avatars/icons. I’m experiencing temporary issues with font size on threaded comments and avatars on the new site, though, so I’ve reverted to non-threaded comments until this can be fixed. Stay tuned. I exported all comments on the old posts to the new site, but wasn’t able to get them to thread. This affects only old comments, not new.
- A speedy lunch prep FAQ, organized packing tips and additional resources
I’ll continue to keep my LiveJournal blog up for past entries, but you’ll want to update your links to point to the new site for my new blog entries and full resources. I’ll post regular summaries to the LJ blog with links back to lunchinabox.net, but LJ users can also keep up with my entries via your Friends Page by friending my syndicated feed here: lunch_in_a_box Other readers can subscribe to my feed by clicking the Subscribe button at the top of the middle column. I’m continuing to use the WordPress equivalent of an LJ-cut (”Read More”), though, so you may need to click through to read the entire entry.
What do you think? Is there something about the new site that’s a deal breaker for you? Do you wish there were something else, or is it too cluttered? I’d love to hear your thoughts, complaints and wishes as we start this transition!
June 2nd, 2007 | Categories: admin | Print This Post | Email this post