Morning prep time: 0 minutes. Last night I packed Bug’s lunch at the same time I was plating dinner: cold Chinese noodles (hiyashi chuka) with a variety of toppings: strips of ham, julienned cucumber, egg strips, julienned red bell pepper, beni shoga and a little container of soy-based sauce for the noodles. That way a full bento was ready and waiting in the refrigerator this morning for me to grab on the way to playgroup. I cut everything smaller than the adult version for easy toddler eating.
- Need for speed: A mommyâ€™s lunch manifesto
- Food safety for packed lunches
- How to pack a bento lunch and use â€œgap fillersâ€
- Choosing the right size bento box
- Biggieâ€™s list of top speed tips, tutorials and equipment reviews