I made Turkish bourek last night with chicken thighs, Swiss chard, feta/cream/cheddar cheese, onions and pine nuts — a family favorite. My two-year-old even helped by spreading some butter between the layers of phyllo! The little 70ml containers have lids, keeping their juicy contents away from the rest of the lunch in transit.
- bourek with chicken, Swiss chard and cheese filling
- copper pennies (carrots, onions and bell pepper in a sweet vinegar tomato sauce — my Grandma’s recipe)
- Greek yogurt with garlic
- cherry tomatoes and cheese cubes
A square version (above) for my husband, and a simple version for my son (below) with garlic yogurt in a sauce container (he wound up eating all of my carrots).
- Need for speed: A mommyâ€™s lunch manifesto
- Food safety for packed lunches
- How to pack a bento lunch and use â€œgap fillersâ€
- Choosing the right size bento box
- Biggieâ€™s list of top speed tips, tutorials and equipment reviews