Made weird but tasty fusion fried rice this morning with basmati rice, Korean chogochujang sauce, homemade smoked pork, peas, takuan, egg, green onions and sesame seeds. We all got that today, with the face on my son’s bento eliciting a happy, “Kitty!” from him. This is also the inaugural use of my son’s Thomas the Tank Engine 270ml bento box, which thrills him no end (”choo choo train!”).
- kitty face made of turkey lunchmeat, eyes/nose = cheese, whiskers = nori
- watermelon and nectarines
My husband’s lunch (above) adds stir-fried kale with garlic and red wine vinegar, and mine (below) adds bananas and grapes in my new Urara dragonfly box that I picked up for US$1.50!
- Need for speed: A mommyâ€™s lunch manifesto
- Food safety for packed lunches
- How to pack a bento lunch and use â€œgap fillersâ€
- Choosing the right size bento box
- Biggieâ€™s list of top speed tips, tutorials and equipment reviews
October 13th, 2006 | Categories: bento, for kids, meat, rice | Print This Post | Email this post