Had fun with sausage shapes this morning. I also found mini chikuwa this weekend — each one is only about 2 inches long! Perfect finger food for my son. Packed in my tiny 260ml box:
- crab made of chicken/apple sausage, with eyes of cheese and nori (secured with honey)
- chanterelle mushroom rice
- mini chikuwa filled with cheese
- cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- green figs
My lunch also has a sausage shaped like a rabbit, tiny Champagne grapes, blanched broccoli, and a scrambled egg ball with smoked salmon and green onions. Packed in my 470ml Afternoon Tea box.
My husband’s version has the cute dialed down slightly, with a leftover sausage crab (but no eyes). Packed in a Lock & Lock bento set (minus the water bottle) — each layer is 350ml.
- Need for speed: A mommyâ€™s lunch manifesto
- Food safety for packed lunches
- How to pack a bento lunch and use â€œgap fillersâ€
- Choosing the right size bento box
- Biggieâ€™s list of top speed tips, tutorials and equipment reviews
August 21st, 2006 | Categories: bento, eggs, fish or seafood, for kids, poultry, rice | Print This Post | Email this post