Yesterday my husband made pork babyback ribs in the style of Memphis’ Rendezvous restaurant — very nostalgic for him. Not a fancy bento today, but maximum flavor and happiness. Also: barbequed beans with extra bacon, onions, molasses, etc. and a sauce pig of chipotle barbeque sauce that probably won’t get opened (he loves these dry ribs!). Not shown: a slice of plain white bread under the ribs, two oshibori packed outside the box for clean-up, and a lid to the bean container. Packed in my deep Chinese box to fit the ribs.
- DIY: Make an insulated smoker out of flower pots
- Need for speed: A mommyâ€™s lunch manifesto
- Food safety for packed lunches
- How to pack a bento lunch and use â€œgap fillersâ€
- Choosing the right size bento box
- Biggieâ€™s list of top speed tips, tutorials and equipment reviews