Buttermilk sandwich bread is the carb of the day, with sandwiches for kids and grown-ups.
My son has rolled-up sandwiches — these are like wraps, using pressed bread in place of tortillas or lavash, then wrapped in plastic wrap (twisted at the ends) to keep everything together and fresh. One is ham, and is decorated with number cutouts of ham. The other is peanut butter, and has banana number cutouts on a base of Nutella. He’s also got fresh pineapple (cut small), blueberries and a cheese wedge.
I have curried egg salad sandwich on toasted bread, with kiwi and blueberries in my new Afternoon Tea bento box.
My husband is using the Laptop Lunchbox today, with an egg salad sandwich and a piece of lasagna with extra sauce. The pineapple was really juicy, so I covered its container (and the sandwich container) with Glad Press & Seal wrap to keep everything really separate.
- Need for speed: A mommyâ€™s lunch manifesto
- Food safety for packed lunches
- How to pack a bento lunch and use â€œgap fillersâ€
- Choosing the right size bento box
- Biggieâ€™s list of top speed tips, tutorials and equipment reviews